Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so sad Keyt. Somebody needs to make it known to the right people about this. I have always said, if you can't afford to feed it then give it to someone who can !!! No excuses for this to ever happen to an animal. I'm glad Aric's uncle got the one dog. Kudo's to him.
hugs.gif
But something needs done to save the others.
Aric's uncle, Dale has offered to take on some of the animals. He and Aric already spoke about plans for him to expand and Aric is building him another coop (he already has one). I guess he told the woman he will take some off her hands or call the proper authorities. I guess she's an elderly woman that can't handle certain animals, at least not so many. So my hopes is that Dale can get them and I might take a few. The woman doesn't know how to sell them anymore so if nothing else we'll take some, re-hab them then sell them. I'm pretty close to full in the chicken department but I have room for some temporaries. If I can get rid of the old bitties out there that are only good for a soup pot then I'd have lots of room. I'll work on that this week.

Anyone interested?? lol

have you all seen this?

It has been discussed that the recipe refers to Jello, not actual jelly. Also, the straws need to be stuck into something so the jello doesnt pour right out. And, use the jiggler jello recipe not the regular, so that the worms can be picked up. I think jiggler recipe means you dont add the cold water whatever amount that is.
I want to do this with my grandson. Hahahahaha, really I want to do it so that I can gross out Kayla, my fourteen year old, and also my Mom...bwahahahahahahhaa....

Last edited:
Stayed up until almost 2am reading David Baldacci's book "The Innocent" and yet here I am awake at 5am. Wish I knew what it is that wakes me after so little sleep.

Well that's enough complaining so might as well get this day underway. I've a crossword awaiting, a sunrise to watch and another good day is starting. I've got to take Granny to the pain management clinic for the MRI and xray follow up. Hopefully they will enable the doctors to devise a regime that will afford her some relief from the arm pain she has been experiencing. With the exception of her arm hurting after a few hours of crochting she is in remarkably good health. I know had she remained in Kentucky she wouldn't be alive and since moving here we have been able to resolve all of her health issues. When one considers the debilitating issues she had there is no doubt that the "good old days" are now.

Sam-
I wake up after a few hours sleep as well..have no idea why.
Good luck to Granny, and i am glad she is having the 'good ol days ' now. You definitely have earned your wings. I hope the docs are able to help her with the pain.
Im glad you were able to spend time with your stepson fishing yesterday as well. Even without catching fish, catching memories is a great thing.
Have a great day!

Not a chance, Sam-

Your halo may get hung up on your horns, but you are too good of a person to worry about singed feathers. ( Olive, on the other hand....
tongue2.gif
)

I dont work until 11, but theres plenty to do here at home.
I wish I had magic powers like Cinderellas fairy godmother...or Bewitched..so that I could wiggle my nose and the laundry would wash itself..sure hate that chore.
*sigh*

have you all seen this?

It has been discussed that the recipe refers to Jello, not actual jelly. Also, the straws need to be stuck into something so the jello doesnt pour right out. And, use the jiggler jello recipe not the regular, so that the worms can be picked up. I think jiggler recipe means you dont add the cold water whatever amount that is.
I want to do this with my grandson. Hahahahaha, really I want to do it so that I can gross out Kayla, my fourteen year old, and also my Mom...bwahahahahahahhaa....
I just saw that and have considered giving it a try. If I can do it right, it would make for some nice, edible Halloween decorations. Not sure BF would like them, he tends to not like gummys, but his nieces and nephew might get a kick out of them.
A few years ago we purchased some realistic earthworm gummy candy, I forget where from. They were supposedly root beer flavored, though I wouldn't call the flavor by that name. They looked neat, but weren't worthwhile when it came to flavor.

Another bad night. I didn't sleep but about 2 hours. Aric will be working on his brother's truck almost all day. He went out there to let everyone out and he came running in to get a basket. I asked him what was wrong and all he said was SKUNK!! Seconds later I could smell it, sitting here. We have a whole that Aric dug a few years ago to run a water line to the big house. He said he thought he saw a nest or whatever in that hole. He grabbed the basket because almost directly above that hole is where we had some clothes hanging.

GREAT, just what we need, skunks right across from our windows in this house!! Aric is out there now looking to see where it went in that hole. He's braver than me! He said if he finds a nest or something he's borrowing his brother's .22 and I told him I need some target practice! Then he tried to test me to see if I knew where to shoot it. When i said abdomen/heart he was shocked LOL

My roosters are having a crowing contest. It's a good thing I like them so much or I'd wring their necks right now!!

Ok, I have a question for everyone. Hope someone can help me with it. How do I elimanate mice from my young chickens house without hurting my young ones ? They are in there real bad and I can't stand it !!!! Anyone have any answers ?

X2 Thanks for your input Keyt. I just don't know what to do but I do know when I open their door in the mornings I can smell the mice and I can't stand that smell. I am going to clean it out AGAIN when I feel better. I don't feel good today so I am staying inside a lot. Probably tomorrow I will clean it again.
I got to meet BobBry this morning. He is a real nice fella. I liked him.

Stayed up until almost 2am reading David Baldacci's book "The Innocent" and yet here I am awake at 5am. Wish I knew what it is that wakes me after so little sleep.

Well that's enough complaining so might as well get this day underway. I've a crossword awaiting, a sunrise to watch and another good day is starting. I've got to take Granny to the pain management clinic for the MRI and xray follow up. Hopefully they will enable the doctors to devise a regime that will afford her some relief from the arm pain she has been experiencing. With the exception of her arm hurting after a few hours of crochting she is in remarkably good health. I know had she remained in Kentucky she wouldn't be alive and since moving here we have been able to resolve all of her health issues. When one considers the debilitating issues she had there is no doubt that the "good old days" are now.

I drove to Charlotte yesterday, met up with Robin and she gave me some really good looking hatchin eggs. Met her son and got some chicken info from both of them. Thanks, Robin. I like you too, but then I suspect you knew that. this note is to anyone who didn't know how nice, friendly and generous you are. Also many thanks for the clear concise directions to get to Charlotte via M 50 off of I 96. What a beautiful drive, found myself wishing for someone elsewith me so they could drive and I could enjoy that pastoral beauty and the small town ambiance I didn't know existed in our beautiful state. Most of my travels in Michigan have been to the north of Muskegon, or on major highways, (always the fastest route) and ( that) scenery is limited thereabouts.

From Charlotte, on to Howell, the noun, not the verb, where anothe pleasant experience Awaited me. Thank you so much, Sam, for the tour of your Facalities, no ! not those facilities (joke) Your Containment, housing for people and chickens , show the high value you place on both. Great smoker too. Wish I had just a bit of the ingenious building talent and skill uou display. Nice garden. Super Over the Old Deck Room. Loved it.

I've not had the pleasure of meeting others involved in BYC, but if all of them are as nice as the two I met yesterday, It's a super, great , friendly bunch.

Thanks again to both of you.

Gotta get crackin on a place to isolate our two broodies so they can get into mommyhood.

ps. I saw that book on Opas' table, so he may not just be blowin smoke. He jost could be readin stuff.

I drove to Charlotte yesterday, met up with Robin and she gave me some really good looking hatchin eggs. Met her son and got some chicken info from both of them. Thanks, Robin. I like you too, but then I suspect you knew that. this note is to anyone who didn't know how nice, friendly and generous you are. Also many thanks for the clear concise directions to get to Charlotte via M 50 off of I 96. What a beautiful drive, found myself wishing for someone elsewith me so they could drive and I could enjoy that pastoral beauty and the small town ambiance I didn't know existed in our beautiful state. Most of my travels in Michigan have been to the north of Muskegon, or on major highways, (always the fastest route) and ( that) scenery is limited thereabouts.

From Charlotte, on to Howell, the noun, not the verb, where anothe pleasant experience Awaited me. Thank you so much, Sam, for the tour of your Facalities, no ! not those facilities (joke) Your Containment, housing for people and chickens , show the high value you place on both. Great smoker too. Wish I had just a bit of the ingenious building talent and skill uou display. Nice garden. Super Over the Old Deck Room. Loved it.

I've not had the pleasure of meeting others involved in BYC, but if all of them are as nice as the two I met yesterday, It's a super, great , friendly bunch.

Thanks again to both of you.

Gotta get crackin on a place to isolate our two broodies so they can get into mommyhood.

ps. I saw that book on Opas' table, so he may not just be blowin smoke. He jost could be readin stuff.
Awww I wish I had known you were nearby. I'm about 10 miles from Charlotte!! Glad you enjoyed coming this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom