Mink problems

Looks too big to be a mink to me, but then I am not there to look at it either. A Fisher (weasel family) killed my Father's Silkies many years ago. We tried Hav-A-Hart trap, but only caught neighborhood cats. Weasel family members are very smart. He kept coming back until he got them all. Hope this was the only guy around and you have no more troubles.

Fisher_%28animal%29.jpg

This is a picture of a Fisher from Wikipedia. When my Mother told me that a Fisher was killing their chickens I thought she was mistaken, even argued with her that they did not live in our part of the U.S. As always, my Mother was correct. I was at her house one day and looked out her kitchen window and it was moving around in circles in their garden patch. It was the strangest thing, I truly did not believe that she was seeing this thing.

Looks too big to be a mink to me, but then I am not there to look at it either. A Fisher (weasel family) killed my Father's Silkies many years ago. We tried Hav-A-Hart trap, but only caught neighborhood cats. Weasel family members are very smart. He kept coming back until he got them all. Hope this was the only guy around and you have no more troubles.

It is definitely a mink.

Fishers are really making a comeback across the United States and are being found in some strange places.

Depending on you local pest control laws I would either catch it and shoot it or catch it and release it in a separate location.

Back
Top Bottom