Minnesota!

done with work for the week. kicked my feet up to chill for a few before round up time this evening. NOT looking forward to this flipping cold spell.

Well between the time I started this message and now I think 2 hours have elapsed.... Samson (GP/Karakachan mix) and Elvis (billy goat) decided they needed to protect the premises from the FedEx man. Had to go rescue him, nearly did splits and busted my arse in driveway on this slick white fluff we got today. Then went to check chickens - they had gone on strike and tossed a fair portion of hay off the roost ledges so I spent awhile cleaning the rest of that up, had to dig one of the hens out of a milk crate - she realized hay in it - and that was fine - but 3 others sitting on top of her
roll.png
(I use milk crates to hold up 1x4 s off ledge so they can perch if they don't want to sit on ledge. ledge = 1/2 of a bi-fold door no longer being used - we attached it to upper portion of shed and added supports)

I piled the ledges full of fresh hay. Lena inspected each ledge. She is not happy because Clementine, (an all yellow Americauna - I swear she looks like a yellow lace in spots) - decided ooh she was gonna climb in that milk crate I just fixed for Lena. So Lena went from ledge to ledge and finally went back to another crate on her normal side.

I've got perches up on the brooder box thingy - cause I don't want them roosting in those -- reckon since they've gotten used to perching up on the ledges now they will reserve the box for eventual laying? Those boxes are a couple feet lower than their nightly perch.

I"m ready to finally start crocheting my 2016 temp afghan. maybe. if I can move the doxies off my lap.

Some threads drive me crazy!! I asked the most simple question and they didnt even answer but they could answer complicated questions. Or I post pics and knowone likes them but someone says after I posted pics that they love muscovys so much and everyone responds and likes it. They dont like newbies!!

@holm25, I've been noticing that with people selling chickens too!! Then there are those who are so nice to newbies!! I'm so excited to meet them, or pretty much everyone on this mn forum!! :)

About the cheese infection (lol), there's more body parts that this comes out of?!? Noooooooooooooo!!! :/

@holm25, I've been noticing that with people selling chickens too!! Then there are those who are so nice to newbies!! I'm so excited to meet them, or pretty much everyone on this mn forum!! :)

About the cheese infection (lol), there's more body parts that this comes out of?!? Noooooooooooooo!!! :/

I really hope we can meet up at some shows this summer!! I have never had the newbie issues with chickens. But I am kinda but not really a newbie I have studied poultry for a long time!! Even before I had them!!

I know chickens can get it in their ears if they are infected (ask CoffeeFirst, she will tell you it is nasty)

Back
Top Bottom