Minnesota!

Blanch we no longer sell beef as we had issues with people. We sold them on the hood so if the person bought a 1200lb steer they didn't get 1200lbs of meat but one person weighed all their beef when they got it home and didn't want to pay for it because they didn't get the whole 1200lbs. Now that was only one person but we didn't want that to happen again.

Minnie we have seen those and have thought about them but haven't got one. Maybe it's time we find one :D

Blanch we no longer sell beef as we had issues with people. We sold them on the hood so if the person bought a 1200lb steer they didn't get 1200lbs of meat but one person weighed all their beef when they got it home and didn't want to pay for it because they didn't get the whole 1200lbs. Now that was only one person but we didn't want that to happen again.

Minnie we have seen those and have thought about them but haven't got one. Maybe it's time we find one :D
You mean you sold to a city slicker that's sad that they didn't know what hanging weight cut weight and pack weights and the differences. Maybe it's cause I was a cutter. Who knows. He does look like a good boy. How is his temperament coming.if he throws hardy calves keep him no reason to put him in a freezer early. As for others... any locals got fluffy butts and what kinds. Still rechickening...

Hope you got to ride without the rain!
We got a new mower and finally started to get our lawn in order, but got rained out half way through. My chickens loved the mowed areas! Lol

You mean you sold to a city slicker that's sad that they didn't know what hanging weight cut weight and pack weights and the differences. Maybe it's cause I was a cutter. Who knows. He does look like a good boy. How is his temperament coming.if he throws hardy calves keep him no reason to put him in a freezer early. As for others... any locals got fluffy butts and what kinds. Still rechickening...

Yep. And the worst part is that the person is family!

He has never tried being aggressive with people and is really a good bull. He throws gorgeous calves that pack on the pounds. We are keeping back some heifers this fall from him and can't wait to see what some of them look like.

We will be turning him out with other the cows on June 12th for April 1st calving and then bringing some heifers we retained from last year and putting them with a calving ease bull that the neighbors let us use.

Does anyone have or know of someone who has a Dark Brahma roo they have available? Got my order in but it came in wrong, got 15 Dark Brahma....not one is the roo I ordered.
Hmmm... I don't know if anyone with Dark Brahma... If I ever see any I will post a link on here or can PM it to you.

Are you certain you haven't got any boys? That would be absolutely remarkable to not get a cockerel, even if you ordered them sexed! In fact, the accuracy of professional chick sexers is only about 85%. I would say you hit it big if you got that many pullets.

Great plan, but never let your guard down with a bull EVER! We hand raised a bull one time, my brother and I mainly. His name was Clyde. He was gentle as could be until he hit 2-years old and we turned him onto pasture for clean-up. He cornered my brother in the hay rack and was starting to really go nuts on him. He was on the trailer the next day. Up until that point, he was always a kitten and only ever did anything aggressive when our one younger sister got around him, then he would push his head against the steal post in front of his stall and snort. We never understood why he only did that with her, but he did it every time she walked near him.
We had a lady that came and milked cows with us for a few years, and her husband was mauled by a bull one time and spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair. They are so unpredicatable, so BE EXTRA CAREFUL.
I turn my back on all my roosters because I know them well enough that I don't worry, but a rooster is much different that a bull by far. ;)

Oh, and Holm, I was also thinking maybe he would like one of those heavy balls that horses play with. I can just see him pushing one around and playing like a little kid. LOL

Back
Top Bottom