Minnesota!

Hi, and Happy Wednesday.
smile.png

I'm looking for some teenage pullets (around 4 months or so). Some to integrate with my existing aging flock.

I'm looking for Blue-Laced Red Wyandottes, or Buff Orpingtons.
My ideal is to get a couple of Black Copper Marans.

Anyone know of any of these available? I keep checking cragislist too.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
A little while back (maybe few weeks ago) I saw someone was selling black copper marans in the ham lake area. I believe it was a pair they were selling. Pullets/hens are in short supply it seems this year, and never a shortage on roosters
sad.png

Thanks, Chickenaddict! You're right - I can find every kind of rooster I would ever want, most for free and close in my area. But pullets & hens are a different deal this year- Wonder why that is?

I'm going to the State Fair next week - I suppose I'll change my mind on what breed I want after strolling through the Chicken Barn...
roll.png

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hey all you fellow Minnesota chicken ranchers. I just duscovered this post. I live in east central MN with Japanese bantams, Delaware bantams, Belgian Duccle bantam, Buff orpington, Americauna!

Quote:
Did you enter the fair? If so, whatcha bringing?

Unfortunately not this year but maybe next year. I usually go just to see the gorgeous birds
droolin.gif

We entered this year. Bringing Seramas in frizzled and smooth, modern bantams, brahma bantams, a sumatra and egyptian geese. A lot of my birds decided to start molting so the timing couldn't be any worse. But maybe I'll see you there. We'll be there the 31st for the first day of judging for sure.

Quote:
Unfortunately not this year but maybe next year. I usually go just to see the gorgeous birds
droolin.gif

We entered this year. Bringing Seramas in frizzled and smooth, modern bantams, brahma bantams, a sumatra and egyptian geese. A lot of my birds decided to start molting so the timing couldn't be any worse. But maybe I'll see you there. We'll be there the 31st for the first day of judging for sure.

thumbsup.gif
I am happy to hear someone else is entering seramas this year! As far as I know only one other person has entered them in the fair previous years and thats Marilyn Pikal. I'll keep an eye out for ya when I am there julie
big_smile.png
Good luck with your birds
fl.gif
Hope they win big
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom