Mislabelled red stars?

Not sure. I got them from a third party, who had gotten them from a hatchery or breeder.

There is a definite difference in growth between the birds. One has much more feathering than the other two.

Here are some updated images. Anything stand out that can help with gender?

The birds together:

One of the slow featherers

Closeup

Comparison shot

I would say that the none of the birds are aggressive, but if anything the two with slower feather growth are more aggressive than the third.

I know on the set I have there are a couple that are feathering slower. In my experiences so far the slower birds to feather are usually male.

Omg my red stars look like yours. While I'm not too concerned about the breed I am concerned about them being hens. I only bought them because the coloring supposedly indicated that they were female. Maybe it has something to do with the breeds that were crossed. The guy I bought mine from said I was getting cross breed of a white leghorn and a Rhode Island Red.

Did you get them from Heartland Hatchery? He said they are great layers of large brown eggs. Mine are turning into beautiful birds.

Jmstar, I got mines from the mad hatcher, he is a local farmer in middle ga. Here is a recent pic

Wow, they look just like mine. You even have two with darker coloring and one with lighter!

Maybe they really are some sort of red sex links, I suppose time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom