Mislabelled red stars?

that looks like a comfie coop. We did just enough to get by. Hope ours looks that nice soon!

Thanks! It was my first try, but they seem to like it :)

I'm sure yours will be great. Half of the fun is in the construction anyway!

Here is a better picture:

Do you think i'm out of danger as far as sex is concerned? I know some breeds (Like EE) are tough to tell for a while. None of mine are developing a comb or wattles. They are just about 7 weeks old and are already fully feathered and out in the coop.

Last edited:
You're good as far as gender goes, they're all ladies!

With the black points, I'd lean towards a New Hampshire-based bird. Either way they'll lay lots of nice brown eggs for you.

You're good as far as gender goes, they're all ladies!

With the black points, I'd lean towards a New Hampshire-based bird. Either way they'll lay lots of nice brown eggs for you. 

The earlier pictures I was thinking they looked a little like my Ameraucana chicks...but when I saew their big girl feathers had black in the tail feather tips..I immediately thought New Hampshire reds as well. Which are a great dual purpose bird that lays xl brown eggs. Surely they're a cross but not sold on them being Red Stars. Red Star's have white flecks in their feathers. These were purchased at the feed store, shipped from a hatchery, and were labeled Red Star. They are my favorite breed so far in my adventure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom