missing peafowl

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Anyone have peacocks go missing for a couple days be seen bout half mile down the road do they ever come back? We have a male and 2 herbs penned up so they can hear the male will that help?

hu.gif
Mine spent the night away from home once but they were back by lunchtime the next day,.
If nothing has spoked him you could walk him home, bring some raw peanuts with ya.

I can walk my peas anywhere i want, they are easy way easer than chickens or guineas, bring a stick to help keep him going in the direction you want.
\Good luck getting him home, don't think the penned hen will help at this distance.
Wished i was there to help you.
hugs.gif
good luck
fl.gif

Well they walked down windy road and its not to far if they cut through the woods but I'm nervous the woods are getting to thick for them to come back the short way, its been 3 days how long should I give it to go search for them and attempt to try and catch them also its 3 males would they have left cause we have the females in a breeding pen? But they can see the hens and get within 1/2 inch of each other

Can you get a couple people to help you? if so you can have them walk to the left and right of the peas with you taking up the rear, you make a kinda funnel when the peas go in the wrong direction the person on that side moves up and towards them to get them back in the funnel, get them back on that road and you will get them back home.

2 came back this afternoon looking scared of us when they use to eat from our hands, but the third is still gone

2 came back this afternoon looking scared of us when they use to eat from our hands, but the third is still gone
Wonderful news.
I am sure they have been chased by just about everything during their walk about.. they will settle down soon, mabe this will teach them a lesson.. "There is no place like home "

well now they come back for a day and leave for 2-3 like a pattern, we were thinking of letting out the other male and the 2 hens since she isn't going broody anyway (currently 8-9 eggs in a nest and nothing) and either caging the 2 males that seem to be wondering or if letting out all the birds would help keep the males around, the males that ran away or went away were getting picked on kinda by the blackshoulder male I was thinking that is maybe why they left and wont come back to often, will letting the female out stop the males from picking one another.

My males pick on each other and don't run away but they do get good at hiding from each other and giving each other the slip but that last for about a day and they are fussing with a different pea or they are all just getting along as usually. letting the female out will not make a difference, some of my male that chase each other don't even look at the girls they look at each other and fan each other.. i call them the 3 amigos but they really act like the three stages most of the time with all that chest bumping , honking and fanning like show girls
lau.gif

Sounds like someone is feeding them can you see where they are going

Back
Top Bottom