Mistral Gris meat birds

Thought I'd share what mine look like at 4.5 weeks old. I can't believe how thick they're getting already. One of them has a seriously wide thunder thighs. I feel bad that I'm going to eat them, but I eat chicken, so I'd rather eat happy birds than factory birds. *sigh*

And here they are at 7.5 weeks. I have counted what I think are 7 pullets and 3 cockerels... wish I could have those kinds of numbers with my hatches of layers. Haha...

The name is indeed Master Gris. They are mostly bred in Europe. I believe they are bred by one of the largest poultry companies. Hubbard.
The ones from Pa are the Barred Silvers. If you check with Myers Poultry. They have a big verity of cornish.

The name is indeed Master Gris. They are mostly bred in Europe. I believe they are bred by one of the largest poultry companies. Hubbard.
The ones from Pa are the Barred Silvers. If you check with Myers Poultry. They have a big verity of cornish.
No. These are not owned by Hubbard. They are owned by a poultryman in PA, and they are called Mistral Gris. My very good friend and Mentor, has visited the grand parent flock, and has parent birds at her farm in BC.

Cobb-Vantress has
Cobb Sasso this is Cobb a cobb cock bird of some sort over sasso breeder females.

Hubbard has Red Bro's among others.

I have spent countless hours researching the history of rustic broilers.

Is your friend in Langley by any chance? I'm wondering if she's the one I bought the eggs from, considering they don't seem to be very common and people get confused about them...

Your friend must have tried to copy the name. Or made the spelling close. I also have spent countless hours researching all articles and everything you can think of. About the Cornish X.
If you could kindly help me. I have been trying to find out. How the Cornish body and all its features are so dominent in the X. But the Commercial Poultry Industry has hidden the Pea Comb.
Give me your opinion. Or any details you may have found. I always get nothing when trying to find info. About the Cornish X. I guess that is why it is a Multi Billion $$$$ business.

Back
Top Bottom