mix breeding broody breed with isa browns

IHT

In the Brooder
Nov 14, 2022
i have 12 newly hatched mixed breed isa brown with our local chicken breed that go broody

now our local breed doesnt have a breed they are mutts bred with the only concern of going broody so far all of our local breed hens go broody so....

i would like to know if my mixed breed isa browns will go broody or will they have a higher chance of going broody

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_072941.jpg
    IMG_20230104_072941.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 30
Yardmom- off subject, but i have a silkie hen and chicks, but she is afraid of the chicks, and now hates them. Any idea why?
If you are concerned, you can start a thread and get answers that way. More details such as the age of the mother and chicks, if this is her first time hatching, living quarters, etc. will help us help you.

Yardmom- off subject, but i have a silkie hen and chicks, but she is afraid of the chicks, and now hates them. Any idea why?
some hens altru rarely part ways with their chicks as soon as they are born either that or the chicks spent time with another hen
if she continues this behavior you might need to raise the chicks away from her.

Oh, they are meaties, and 7 weeks old now, we were just hoping she would take them under her wing. We bought them, order chicks from, i think Pennsylvania.

Oh, they are meaties, and 7 weeks old now, we were just hoping she would take them under her wing. We bought them, order chicks from, i think Pennsylvania.
7 weeks old is when most mother hens starting weaning chicks. Are you trying to introduce the 7wo chicks to her? Or is she weaning them?

Back
Top Bottom