mixed bantams, cuties! silver chick?

frankensusan

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Escondido, CA
I'm obsessed.
wee.gif
They are all so darned cute. I am working with my son on doing the ID's on them as a project for the summer, working on his observational skills so maybe he can find the butter in the fridge someday... tee hee!

Our current mystery is the silver feathered leg chick in the upper right. Any ideas?

chicksday1b.jpg

Hey Deb,

Oh Dear you really can't see anything but it's wee little head! I'll give it a try!

I Just got done cleaning the bums of about 10 of them, and my pirate chicky is all perky and eating! She still opens only one eye but her crop is full, I've been giving her water/chick boost(I think that's what it's called, has vits and good stuff) by the drop every few hours, she's been lethargic and hadn't eaten until after lunch today! yay! she might yet survive.

let's hope that out of 36! chicks there are 12 hens...

Off to get that picture,

Susan

Awwwwwwww, howe cute!!! Lookie at that full crop! Just shows s/he is eating well. Now, for the breed. You said they were banty's?? Maybe a Cochin? Either way....toooo cute!! And yep.....gotta watch those bums! They past up easily, and could be fatal!

I have a bantam baby that looks just like that one! See...

bhcandchicks053.jpg

I think mine is a blue cochin bantam because my chicken "bible"(the mcmurray catalog, lol!) says that the blue cochin's color range is deep blue/black to a silvery blue and he/she looks like one of the chicks in the description as well. Good luck!

Wow you take beautiful chick pics!

The blue cochin bantam chicks on feathersite don't look like ours very much, but I know there's variation in chicks so....

I told myself I wouldn't obsess about what kind I got and just enjoy the ride.

I also told myself I wouldn't get attached to any one in particular because that one will turn out to be a rooster and I can't keep roosters in the suburbs. (well I suppose I could until a neighbor complained, but that will be the first time he wakes someone up on a Saturday morning!)

I'm freaking out today, I just cleaned 10 chicks bums and thinking that there are 36 chicks... they sent extra... a LOT of extra... I ordered 25 figuring there would be fatalities and roosters and I'd have a nice set of 8-12 hens after it was all done. And of course I already love them all!

When did you get your Bantam chicks?
wee.gif

Susan

Hi Susan,
I got my babies at the local feed store here in Vegas, but I don't know where they order from...

And, like you I'm trying not to get attached to any of mine(4 beautiful perfect babies--I guess I shouldn't kid myself, I'm so attached!!!) for the same reason. It would absolutely break my heart if any one of them are roos!!!! Darn those local city ordinances!!!

Keep us posted on your little blue baby...I'll post a pic of mine when SHE
fl.gif
is a little more feathered!

Back
Top Bottom