Mixed Breed Ducks!

Pics
Okay, you can stop stocking me now.
somad.gif
"Stalking"
hugs.gif
tongue.png

I know this is an older thread but you seem to be the ones to ask, I'm thinking of putting a lavender Ancona in with my Appleyards just to see what I get. As both breeds are rare I wasn't planning on mixing but I'm curious.

I know this is an older thread but you seem to be the ones to ask, I'm thinking of putting a lavender Ancona in with my Appleyards just to see what I get. As both breeds are rare I wasn't planning on mixing but I'm curious.

Only one way to find out! I figure that all of the current breeds started out with someone who was curious.

Question, has anyone hatched eggs from a mixed breed duck. I was having a discussion with another member about if being mixed effects fertility. Holderread seems to imply that it could (Storey's guide to ducks). I am hoping to hatch some eggs next month and wonder if Salsa being a mixed breed will affect his fertility.

Quote:
From what i understand, as long as they are of Mallard-decent, basically not Muscovies, they should be fine! Muscovies mixed with anything else will be sterile but females will still lay eggs just nothing fertilized.

Question, has anyone hatched eggs from a mixed breed duck. I was having a discussion with another member about if being mixed effects fertility. Holderread seems to imply that it could (Storey's guide to ducks). I am hoping to hatch some eggs next month and wonder if Salsa being a mixed breed will affect his fertility.
We just put 9 eggs in the incubator and all of their mother's are mixed breeds.... They are all developing!

Back
Top Bottom