Mixed Breed Ducks!

Pics
@Georgina Fritznoodle I had a pekin with one blue one brown eye and his son also has it! He is a pekin/welsh harlequin mix. What are your top pic mixes of?

The 13 older ducklings have 3 different mothers. 4 are from my Blue Swedish, 5 from my Golden 300 Layer, and 4 from my Golden 300 Layer/Jumbo Pekin cross. The dads are either my Buff Orpington or my White Layer. Of the 8 younger ducklings, 6 are from my Runner/Black Swedish cross hen, 1 is from my Blue Swedish, and 1 is from my Golden 300 Layer/Jumbo Pekin cross. Same dads for those ducklings. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm having a really hard time wording this post.

I bet your ducks with two different colored eyes are beautiful! I would love to see pictures if you have any.

Anyone out there have a Rouen/Welsh Harlequinn. Would love to see a pic. I bought some ducks from a local breeder who told me I was getting Welsh Harlequinn's. Opened the box and there were 3 sweet double striped faced cuties who I instantly fell in love with. Asked the breeder about it and got no reply. So I am wondering if I got a Rouen/Harlequin cross. The ladies look like Rouens but have lighter colouring and white in their feathers (now that they are mostly fully feathered) - especially on their chests and heads...

The 13 older ducklings have 3 different mothers. 4 are from my Blue Swedish, 5 from my Golden 300 Layer, and 4 from my Golden 300 Layer/Jumbo Pekin cross. The dads are either my Buff Orpington or my White Layer. Of the 8 younger ducklings, 6 are from my Runner/Black Swedish cross hen, 1 is from my Blue Swedish, and 1 is from my Golden 300 Layer/Jumbo Pekin cross. Same dads for those ducklings. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm having a really hard time wording this post.

I bet your ducks with two different colored eyes are beautiful! I would love to see pictures if you have any.

So my Jumbo Pekin Donald had the two colors but you can't see it too well in many pics but here's a baby pic where you can see it.
IMG_3306.JPG

Also his son Luke has one light eye and one dark eye... its kinda hard to see unless you zoom... i can try to get better pictures this week but he's pretty stubborn!
IMG_4294.JPG

Anyone out there have a Rouen/Welsh Harlequinn. Would love to see a pic. I bought some ducks from a local breeder who told me I was getting Welsh Harlequinn's. Opened the box and there were 3 sweet double striped faced cuties who I instantly fell in love with. Asked the breeder about it and got no reply. So I am wondering if I got a Rouen/Harlequin cross. The ladies look like Rouens but have lighter colouring and white in their feathers (now that they are mostly fully feathered) - especially on their chests and heads...

Here are mallard/welsh harlequin mixes at about 2 weeks old (taken last week). The one remaining (snake got the other :hit) has started to get feathers coming in now! All brown and black like my mallards, i'm hoping for some white and off colors!

*edited to add pic!
IMG_4332.JPG

So my Jumbo Pekin Donald had the two colors but you can't see it too well in many pics but here's a baby pic where you can see it.
View attachment 1110503

Also his son Luke has one light eye and one dark eye... its kinda hard to see unless you zoom... i can try to get better pictures this week but he's pretty stubborn!
View attachment 1110525

I noticed that Donald had a pink bill. Did it get darker as he got older or did it stay that color? I got my Jumbo Pekin when he was just a few days old and he had an orange bill. Just wondering if Jumbo Pekins can have pink bills or if they will eventually turn orange as they get older.

Luke is beautiful!!! :love

Here are mallard/welsh harlequin mixes at about 2 weeks old (taken last week). The one remaining (snake got the other :hit) has started to get feathers coming in now! All brown and black like my mallards, i'm hoping for some white and off colors!

*edited to add pic!View attachment 1110534

Sorry to hear about your duckling. :hugs

I noticed that Donald had a pink bill. Did it get darker as he got older or did it stay that color? I got my Jumbo Pekin when he was just a few days old and he had an orange bill. Just wondering if Jumbo Pekins can have pink bills or if they will eventually turn orange as they get older.

He grew out of the pink by prolly a month old... This is him about 4 months old
IMG_3652.JPG

Luke is beautiful!!! :love Thanks!!! He's my mean, stubborn baby lol! and all i've got left from my Donald so hes kinda special to us

Sorry to hear about your duckling. :hugs Thanks! It happens unfortunately, my DH has prolly relocated half a dozen snakes since spring and this is the first one to hurt the flock so I'd say we've been pretty lucky! (this one did not make it to relocation if ya know what i mean!)

*edited to add pic!View attachment 1110534
My "Welsh Harlequin's at 2 weeks old with their face stripes looking very Rouen-like.
20170708_120616-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom