Mixed Breed Ducks!

Pics
Here they are a few days ago. I still can't believe how quickly ducklings grow! Since I took these pics 4 days ago they now have all their speculum feathers out. So pretty.
View attachment 1112118

OMG they are beautiful!!!!!:love I hope mine has that kind of look and is a female!!!:fl It's just starting to make some other noises the past couple days but they are so random I can't decide what they sound like yet. Here is all of my babies yesterday, the three littles are Mallards
File_000.jpeg

OMG they are beautiful!!!!!:love I hope mine has that kind of look and is a female!!!:fl It's just starting to make some other noises the past couple days but they are so random I can't decide what they sound like yet. Here is all of my babies yesterday, the three littles are Mallards
View attachment 1112124
So cute!! I look forward to seeing what *she* ;) looks like as her feathers come in.

View attachment 1102836 We got these three today. From what I understand the two light ones are mixes but I'm not sure what kind. Any ideas? What about the darker one? Someone said khaki but she's a lot darker than our khaki drake. We are relatively new to ducks. We got two babies in May. Both turned out to be drakes. We were going to raise them as bonded brothers, but one passed away last week. We decided to get him some lady friends.
The lighter one looks like a khaki campbell x rouen mix!

Just found this thread. Though i dont have and mixes (yet ;) ) I do plan on breeding my welshes, rouens, khaiks, pekins, buffs, and cayugas! They will be mixed with either a khaki or pekin since those are my only drakes.

The lighter one looks like a khaki campbell x rouen mix!

Just found this thread. Though i dont have and mixes (yet ;) ) I do plan on breeding my welshes, rouens, khaiks, pekins, buffs, and cayugas! They will be mixed with either a khaki or pekin since those are my only drakes.

Welcome to the world of beautiful mutts!! Please share pics when you do get some mixes!!! Its hard to explain to people what a duckling 'MAY' look like when we have no idea, so the more pics we can get the better!!!

I'll donate to this thread. I had fun with some mixes this spring and got some fun ones.

Khaki/Cayuga mixes:

Link, my beautiful boy

Rainbow (miss puff head here) has a very light copper tipped sheen, but you can't tell from this photo. She's mostly just black.

Buckbeak looks mostly like the Khaki male, not much Cayuga look in him. Recently rehomed.

Mr Timid... rehomed a while ago.

Mr Kangus... rehomed a while ago.

Then there's my Pekin/Cayuga mixes:

Mr Duck... rehomed awhile ago.

Eagle... recently rehomed.

Hm. As you can tell, I had a bad draw of males this year. >.> Probably why the 'colors' are more interesting and fun with the mixes, though. Hence, little Rainbow, being just black (though with a fun poof).

I know this is old but I was wondering if you have since hatched any more khaki cross Cayuga and how they turned out as I have one little duckling and I’m interested on how it will turn out.

The babies we have are all different breeds, so once they get older it'll be really neat to see how the new babies turn out! Currently we have a Rouen, a Black Swedish, a Pekin, and an Indian Runner... I'll post pics of the new babies when that comes about! :)

Back
Top Bottom