Mixed breed ducks!

These are the updated pictures of my babies. They are about 2 1/2 months old now

Attachments

• 6472B867-F564-45A7-A2D3-D1AEC05FFB55.jpeg
    6472B867-F564-45A7-A2D3-D1AEC05FFB55.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 16BE93DA-5EE2-4909-BD35-E1D092182FE5.jpeg
    16BE93DA-5EE2-4909-BD35-E1D092182FE5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
I know this is such an old thread but so fun to see. As for me after 3 years of raising ducks and not having one hen remotely interested in sitting on eggs I broke down and bought an incubator. I really only wanted a few to hand raise( to be kind of pet ducks, diapers and all). So I took a dozen of my mixed flock eggs(appleyard, blue swedish, ancona, runner ) and put them in the incubator. A week later one of my swedish decided to go broody. Then after a few days it seemed she made 2 clutches all the while I'm thinking shes an airhead no way yo keep all the eggs warm 1week later her sister is going broody beside her on the other half of eggs. I'm just over the moon excited to see what all the ducklings will look like as I know the 2 hens are sitting on all the hen eggs for the week period. For hens I have appleyard, ancona, welsh harlequin and swedish for the males appleyard and runner. Seems like an interesting mix. Especially funny considering my 2 runner drakes try to prevent my appleyard rom mating and even manage to chase the muskovy drakes off of the muskovy hens.

I know this is such an old thread but so fun to see. As for me after 3 years of raising ducks and not having one hen remotely interested in sitting on eggs I broke down and bought an incubator. I really only wanted a few to hand raise( to be kind of pet ducks, diapers and all). So I took a dozen of my mixed flock eggs(appleyard, blue swedish, ancona, runner ) and put them in the incubator. A week later one of my swedish decided to go broody. Then after a few days it seemed she made 2 clutches all the while I'm thinking shes an airhead no way yo keep all the eggs warm 1week later her sister is going broody beside her on the other half of eggs. I'm just over the moon excited to see what all the ducklings will look like as I know the 2 hens are sitting on all the hen eggs for the week period. For hens I have appleyard, ancona, welsh harlequin and swedish for the males appleyard and runner. Seems like an interesting mix. Especially funny considering my 2 runner drakes try to prevent my appleyard rom mating and even manage to chase the muskovy drakes off of the muskovy hens.

Can't wait for pictures! :love :fl

Pictures please?

Back
Top Bottom