Mixed breed ducks!

AHhhh, CUTE OVER LOAD!
big_smile.png
I especially love the pekin cross girls, such sweeties XD

Im excited to see if I can get a Spot.. lol.. getting ready to set my Rouen/ Pekin mixed eggs.. I had a pair of each and my Pekin momma up and died on me last month.. Thought I had a rare Pekin broody.. as she sat on some grass in the swamp, she finally came in at night and she was dead the next morning.. not so broody.. maybe egg bound.. So heres to hoping I get something with some white on it from Pekin daddy.. lol

I have a new mix hatching right now, one of Quackers eggs slipped into the incubator, so it's a Black Swedish x Saxony. It's almost a dark silver from what I can see. I was real worried any crosses of them would look like the Saxony and throw me off, thankfully there's an odd color to let me know it's a $2 duckling. I hope it's the only one!

Quackers moved to an amazing new home a couple of weeks ago, so I don't need to worry about her eggs sneaking in. Usually her eggs were shaped like a ball and I could tell it from the others. But that one has a pointy end like the "good" eggs.

I'm debating on growing it out into full feather just for curiosity's sake.

theres a pekin mallard drake at one of the parks near by. He is the size of a pekin has a green patch on the top of his head and has mallard colored wings and back but the rest is white. It looks pretty cool. He thinks he's a mallard, its so funny. I'll try to get a pic next time i'm in the area.

OMG, 3 babies are out in my hatch, and all three are Swedish/Saxony crosses. They have silver/blue down, white bibs, white patch in the wing, and mottled black feet/bills. They're so stinking cute! Once they're dry I'll get photos.

The yellow and gray duck is an Ancona (Pops) X Runner (Ma) mix. Not sure yet what it's going to look like, but the yellow is turning into white. Here come the feathers!

This is a black swedish mixed with a Khaki Campbell. (swedish mother, campbell father).
She is large like a swedish, had a very clear bib, but was a very dark, chocolate brown color. Not sure if she laid like a swedish or campbell as she found a new home before she started laying.

Here, the one on the left is a khaki campbell (pure) and the one on the right is a welsh harlequin/ khaki cross. (harlequin father, campbell mother).
His adult feathers ended up looking almost exactly like a harlequin, even with the green head, but the feathers were a much darker brown color instead of being light like the harlequins.

The dark ones are the Black Swedish with a Saxony drake... the light one on the right is pure Saxony. Marked up like swedes huh?

I forgot how much friendlier just-hatched babies are compared to shipped babies. So cute! The hairy thing on the right is "momma skunk"... a stuffed animal to huddle under.

Back
Top Bottom