MKK Farms. Updates, pics, and stories!

Mr MKK FARMS

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012

So this is where I will be sharing pics, stories, and updates for MKK Farms. For General info on MKK Farms check out my article for MKK Farms.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/mkk-farms-poultry-and-rabbitry

Today I went about the normal chores. First I give them food and water, then I let them out in the run, and then I collect eggs (Not to mention take LOADS of pics
wink.png
though today it was pouring so I didn't do that part).

When I got inside I checked on my eggs/chicks in the incubator. Four have piped and are now screaming as loudly as they can! I think they are all fertile.

Stay tuned!
frow.gif

Last edited:
That's ok. I am going to hold him as much as possible and hope that he gets use to me and does not become aggressive.
fl.gif
I love your redneck setup! I can't tell you how many things are redneck rigged around my house! By the way, Cosette is beautiful! I hope that she gets better!

I honestly would hold him as little as possible, All the roosters that I held, and was affectionate to , were the ones that turned mean. The ones that I never held, and was very aloof to are the ones that turned out, just a thought.

Quote: I agree! Well, kinda. I held my roo at first, trying to go with the "cuddle him and make me love me" route. Turns out when you hold them and pet them, they think you are "preening" them, something submissive hens would do. Even at 4-6 weeks old, he would, "attack" my hand. It hurt! After some very, VERY, appreciated help on BYC, whenever he would attack me, I'd poke him. Hard. The first time you do it, do it so it pushed him back. * Do it until he runs away. Then, the second time onwards (unless he is NOT sumbitting at all.) give him a warning poke in the chest. If he does it again, chase him around the brooder. If he sumbits to gentle pokes, great! My rooster didn't. I did this and he didn't attack me anymore. :) Now I can hold him all I want. (Wait a couple days - week after you start the 'training' to start holding him so he isn't confused on who is the boss. YOU!)

Do NOT do this if he is still really little. (You probably shouldn't have a problem with him threatening you when he is really little though.) At about 6-8 weeks you can get rough with him. Eventually, use you foot. Do NOT be afraid to poke/kick him. It's either you, or him.

Last edited:
Okay so because I have had so much interest already I will introduce my chickens. Right now we have 20 chickens they are all Barred rocks and that is why I can't name them all! lol
I only named three of them because the rest looked so alike! :D

This is Boss

That is Boss again. Sadly I had to sell him because he was just to mean.

That is Toffee

Sorry couldn't find a picture of Cassady...

Forget what I said about 4 starting to hatch, now all 7 are starting to hatch!
jumpy.gif

I myself am partial to Blue laced red Wyandottes, but Wyandottes are top 3 for me. I really like the Blue Isbar and Ameraucanas.

I've got a small mix of birds. Ameraucanas, Black Wheaten and Cuckoo Marans, Barnevelders, and Olive Eggers hatching today.

Chickens are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom