Modern Bantams anyone?

Geosheets I cant answer that but I can say ... My search is complete I have found someone with show quality moderns that are birchen. She got her stock from Heather Hayes and Heather got her stock from Troy Laroche. If you need numbers or email address's I can kindly pass them along and best thing is the breeder I am getting them from is only about half hour away so no shipping. They are going to be day olds when I get them and I will be getting 1dozzen from her and for sure more in the future... Any advise is welcome I have been researching the breed for about 6 months and have never owned one so I need to learn from people with experience. I live in a colder climate so I will be having an insolated coop. I need to know how high off the ground the nest should be how high for perches and I will also need to know how big of nest boxes. Like I said I'm new to the breed but have raised chickens for almost ten years.
ya.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
ep.gif

Heres couple pics of my birchens not the best pics. I also have a lemon blue hen and brown red hen

004-7.jpg

003-7.jpg

here is pic my brown red hen and lemon blue

buddy010-1.jpg

I just picked up my first pair of moderns, Lemon Blues. Very interesting birds. I may be gettin a pair of Red Pyles as well. Do moderns tend to go broody, will they hatch their own? I am not planning on doing any showing or much incubating with them, am hopin they can raise their own offspring.

Back
Top Bottom