Modern game bantams...

Pics
Obnoxious how did your little bantams turn out? Are the ones that hatched the ones you bought off of ebay? The little black chick. Can you post pics of how they look now?

I really like mine but wow can them little guys put back some food. They are always hungry

I've got a single largefowl Modern Game hen but I've always admired the bantams for their willingness to show all the time. Can't wait to see how they'll do in the winter here. Have a feeling a heat lamp will be in order...

I've got a single largefowl Modern Game hen but I've always admired the bantams for their willingness to show all the time. Can't wait to see how they'll do in the winter here. Have a feeling a heat lamp will be in order...

They do fine here in upstate NY where winter temps often hit 20 below zero & sometimes even colder. I've never used any supplimental heat. They even lay through the winter.

Excellent! That is good news for me! With the Langshans I don't have to worry but since these are so small and lack the down, or at least as much down, I was a bit worried.

I got some pretty pitiful pics of them running around. I'm pleased to say the males haven't gone for me yet so that's a bonus!

These little buggers are active!

Ah...as a note for anyone reading. Be sure the size of your layer pellets isn't too big for the bantam Modern Games. Definitely gonna have to feed layer crumbles instead...too bad for the one cockerel that had to be the one to teach me that lesson.

After months of yearning, I can finally contribute to this thread as a modern owner! This is a breed I hope to really get involved with in time, but for now, these little guys are just pets.

I'm still getting familiar with game colors. Are these brown reds? Sorry the coloring is a little off thanks to the crappy overhead lighting. And yes, they are inside. The new quarantine area isn't quite finished yet so they're bunking in the spare room for a couple days. Multiple pics of one pair.

Back
Top Bottom