Modern game bantams...

Pics
After months of yearning, I can finally contribute to this thread as a modern owner! This is a breed I hope to really get involved with in time, but for now, these little guys are just pets.

I'm still getting familiar with game colors. Are these brown reds? Sorry the coloring is a little off thanks to the crappy overhead lighting. And yes, they are inside. The new quarantine area isn't quite finished yet so they're bunking in the spare room for a couple days. Multiple pics of one pair.

Yes there brown reds

Ah found this thread! I have been thinking of getting a trio of Crele Modern games bantams that are SQ.it'll be a few months before I do buy I want to find some breeders XD

Ah found this thread! I have been thinking of getting a trio of Crele Modern games bantams that are SQ.it'll be a few months before I do buy I want to find some breeders XD
Ah, congrats! I hope you end up liking them, they're really sweet little birds, very smart and love to trill little songs.

Ah...as a note for anyone reading. Be sure the size of your layer pellets isn't too big for the bantam Modern Games. Definitely gonna have to feed layer crumbles instead...too bad for the one cockerel that had to be the one to teach me that lesson.

Oh god, is he alright?

Can someone plz explain to me about modern genetics...I raise the blue, black, and splash modern game bantams..I have the coloration genetics figured but the lacing and everything else confuses me..can someone plezz explain

Can someone plz explain to me about modern genetics...I raise the blue, black, and splash modern game bantams..I have the coloration genetics figured but the lacing and everything else confuses me..can someone plezz explain... And what are you looking for in a blue modern?

Can someone plz explain to me about modern genetics...I raise the blue, black, and splash modern game bantams..I have the coloration genetics figured but the lacing and everything else confuses me..can someone plezz explain... And what are you looking for in a blue modern?
Can you be a bit more specific about the lacing? Are you asking about breast lacing on birchen based varieties such as brown red, birchen, lemon blue, or about a truly laced variety? The birchen allele itself puts breast lacing on birchen based birds. For true lacing such as silver laced, buff laced, gold laced, (none of these are recognized for moderns) or blues, you need homozygous Pg and Ml genes.

Do you have a copy of the standard?

Yes I just bought one at a scow last week. I want to expand my modern game knowage about genetics. I don't understand the things I find in different websites. I thought the blue color is sompossed to be dark around each feather. I guess I considered tht "lacing" in just tring to lean about genetics so I know what birds I need to breed to get the best show birds

Yes I just bought one at a scow last week. I want to expand my modern game knowage about genetics. I don't understand the things I find in different websites. I thought the blue color is sompossed to be dark around each feather. I guess I considered tht "lacing" in just tring to lean about genetics so I know what birds I need to breed to get the best show birds
Even without correct Pg/Ml, blues tend to have some darker edging. With lacing you get the proper andalusian blue lacing. How much about chicken genetics do you know? Genetics of Chickencolors and Basics is a good starting point.

Back
Top Bottom