Montana

Are either of them proven mothers? I'd hate for you to come all the way here just to have clueless broodies not know what to do... Then again, a proven broody is worth her weight in gold. I lost my best broody chicken last summer to a sudden infection. I've still got my best turkey broody, at least! The chicks are going to be a week old tomorrow, they may be too old to bond with a mommy, but they might still, it's iffy by now. If you do come, you can pick whoever you like, or I can save eggs for you. Marans eggs are big eggs, mostly extra large to jumbo sized.

Hi folks. This thread looks like it might be dead, but I'll introduce myself anyway. I'm between Bozeman and Helena, and have lived in Montana my whole life. We've always had chickens.

Right now I'm focusing on Icelandics, and will eventually be getting some Norwegian Jaerhons. I've also got a few hens that came from Murdoch's at some point, and a random Silkie off of Craigslist that I regret getting.

Hi folks. This thread looks like it might be dead, but I'll introduce myself anyway. I'm between Bozeman and Helena, and have lived in Montana my whole life. We've always had chickens.

Right now I'm focusing on Icelandics, and will eventually be getting some Norwegian Jaerhons. I've also got a few hens that came from Murdoch's at some point, and a random Silkie off of Craigslist that I regret getting.

waving hello from Broadwater County!

we mi
No way! Lol, so am I! We are a few miles down from the flashing light. We've been here about 7 years now, and in Townsend for 8.

How fun <G>. The lengths we go to meet our neighbors.
We are further North and a few miles East off 284.
I've only been here since 2014, moved from a different part of the state.

Maybe we should consider meeting for "coffee" at the Mint or Bistro or M Moose <G>

we mi

How fun <G>. The lengths we go to meet our neighbors.
We are further North and a few miles East off 284.
I've only been here since 2014, moved from a different part of the state.

Maybe we should consider meeting for "coffee" at the Mint or Bistro or M Moose <G>
I'd love to do that once we get back into the settled routine of school!

I just had a lovely hatch of 10/10 Icelandics from eggs that I picked up in Birdseye. My favorite little one is very weak, though, and I'm afraid it won't make it. I've never had one with its coloration, so I'll be pretty bummed if it dies.

I also ordered a dozen Icelandic eggs off of Ebay, but my local postal people messed up the instructions and tried to deliver it instead of hatching, AND the eggs were filthy with manure, and at day 7 I only have one viable. I'm going to try to hatch out the lonely little thing.

I was wondering, what's the latest you've hatched? I really want to do another hatch, but I don't want to go into winter with little baby chicks. Should I throw caution to the wind, or wait till spring to get more eggs?

I'd love to do that once we get back into the settled routine of school!

I just had a lovely hatch of 10/10 Icelandics from eggs that I picked up in Birdseye. My favorite little one is very weak, though, and I'm afraid it won't make it. I've never had one with its coloration, so I'll be pretty bummed if it dies.

I also ordered a dozen Icelandic eggs off of Ebay, but my local postal people messed up the instructions and tried to deliver it instead of hatching, AND the eggs were filthy with manure, and at day 7 I only have one viable. I'm going to try to hatch out the lonely little thing.

I was wondering, what's the latest you've hatched? I really want to do another hatch, but I don't want to go into winter with little baby chicks. Should I throw caution to the wind, or wait till spring to get more eggs?
I usually stop by the end of June because my hatchery starts getting too hot.

Back
Top Bottom