Montana

Hey all I hope everybody is staying safe with fires and the smoke around the state. I am praying for everybody that has been effected by fires and those that will this summer. We really need some rain with out wind....

We evacuated our chicks yesterday and they have been in a dog kennel since then. It is a good thing they are still only about 6 weeks old and have lots of room. We are hoping to get them back to their nice new coop this afternoon oh and back into the house tonight would be good as well.

The fire turned back my way about 1:00 this afternoon, I was once again told to be ready to move out with about 15 min. notice. At one point I had my car loaded and ready to go, but the wind changed and the flames moved away again. Over 80 homes have been lost, but I have not heard of any people killed. A friend of mine just barley got out with the fire roaring over his pickup. His house was burned to the ground. People are having to just open gates and turn their animals loose and hope for the best. I have a horse out for training in the area that was evacuated yesterday, I was told that they had to just turn her loose, I hope she made it to safe ground. I'll be staying up again tonight on fire watch.

windy and we lost power also yeaterday, how close are you? that hen is about to drive me nuts. do you think she would take them in if there more then a few days old?

I'm near Missoula, West of the Divide. I've stuck 3-day olds under a broody and she did fine with them... dunno beyond that though!

The fire turned back my way about 1:00 this afternoon, I was once again told to be ready to move out with about 15 min. notice. At one point I had my car loaded and ready to go, but the wind changed and the flames moved away again. Over 80 homes have been lost, but I have not heard of any people killed. A friend of mine just barley got out with the fire roaring over his pickup. His house was burned to the ground. People are having to just open gates and turn their animals loose and hope for the best. I have a horse out for training in the area that was evacuated yesterday, I was told that they had to just turn her loose, I hope she made it to safe ground. I'll be staying up again tonight on fire watch.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your poor friend! I hope the fire is containable soon and that no more lives of people or animals are lost :(

Azriel I hope all is well for you this morning and I hope they get the fires under control soon.

Oh no! Azriel, I am so sorry to hear this. I have heard a couple of people suggest that if you have to set your animals free to save their lives first spray paint your phone number on their hides so that they can be reunited with you when the crisis has passed. I am hearing stories of people who are gathering in the horses that are wandering into properties outside of the fire danger and feeding and caring for them. I pray that your horse has found one of those gracious neighbors. You are in our prayers!!!!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear your right in the middle of all that! I sure hope you and your animals and everyone else involved will be ok. I'll be praying for you, your critters and everone else there. We've had a couple of pretty bad fires here too. So far they've all been moving away from us, but there have been homes destroyed and I'm unsure if there are any casualties as yet.

Back
Top Bottom