MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics
Wanted to share a picture of a cockeral that I bred this year, his name is Tsunami.

droolin.gif
love.gif
droolin.gif

Here's an odd question: is anyone breeding Red Mottled Cochins? I have a cochin that I bought as a calico but her patterning is gorgeous diamonds and Vs just like a mottled should be but on a deep red instead of black or blue. I would like to see if I can breed on that patterning and am interested in your breeding recommendations.

As you see, she has a chick right now so her feathers are recovering from that and she is stretching her neck out on high alert all the time. Her type conformation isn't perfect so I need a very typey roo to match her with.

Here's an odd question: is anyone breeding Red Mottled Cochins? I have a cochin that I bought as a calico but her patterning is gorgeous diamonds and Vs just like a mottled should be but on a deep red instead of black or blue. I would like to see if I can breed on that patterning and am interested in your breeding recommendations.

As you see, she has a chick right now so her feathers are recovering from that and she is stretching her neck out on high alert all the time. Her type conformation isn't perfect so I need a very typey roo to match her with.
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
Good Luck ! I hope you find a boyfriend for her. She's gorgeous, I love her color & pattern.

:drool :drool    Good Luck ! I hope you find a boyfriend for her.  She's gorgeous, I love her color & pattern.
Thanks for the support! I can certainly use it since breeding is pretty new to me.

I bred my mille fleur duccles right before I lost my beautiful roo. And so far his babies are coming out very nice, though one gal has no beard. I may continue that project once these two girls are grown, but the heartbreak of losing that roo put me off that project for a while.

Georgie's promising patterning and the encouraging friendship with Parker Padilla has made me want to develop a red mottled from her. Mille fleur Cochins appear to be the in color right now so if I can't find the right red roo for her I might play with a mille fleur for a while until I do.

Thanks for the support! I can certainly use it since breeding is pretty new to me.

I bred my mille fleur duccles right before I lost my beautiful roo. And so far his babies are coming out very nice, though one gal has no beard. I may continue that project once these two girls are grown, but the heartbreak of losing that roo put me off that project for a while.

Georgie's promising patterning and the encouraging friendship with Parker Padilla has made me want to develop a red mottled from her. Mille fleur Cochins appear to be the in color right now so if I can't find the right red roo for her I might play with a mille fleur for a while until I do.

You're very welcome
frow.gif
I have 1 Mille Fleur bantam cochin hen, and a few black mottled bantam cochins. BUT, I also have Speckled Sussex and Jubilee Orpingtons !! Hence, me loving the color & pattern
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom