MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

At what age? I picked up what they said was a black that is 5 weeks old and there is a little white on the wings and under chest? my hope is that it is Mottled, just wondering when that appears?

The mottled color on the black feathers begins to appear as they lose their baby feathers. It is not unusual for an all black chick to have some white on the first set of wings feather that grow in after the chick down. They will normally lose that with that first molt of baby feathers.

The mottled color on the black feathers begins to appear as they lose their baby feathers. It is not unusual for an all black chick to have some white on the first set of wings feather that grow in after the chick down. They will normally lose that with that first molt of baby feathers.
Here are some pictures of the two, I got what they said were a blue and a black but I am really hoping the black is Mottled. There is also a lot of white on the tip of her wing that is not pictured here. Thoughts?

At this point I don't see anything that stands out as mottled. My bet is that she will lose those few white feathers and be black. However I don't any any straight blacks so I could be wrong.

At this point I don't see anything that stands out as mottled. My bet is that she will lose those few white feathers and be black. However I don't any any straight blacks so I could be wrong.
The colors that this breeder got in his selection of eggs that he hatched form a breeder in SC were some that I had never ever seen so wondered if out of those crazy colors will there really be just a straight black? Thanks I'll have to watch and wait!

Hey everyone, I just found this thread and immediately subscribed. I have a few questions to ask about mottled Cochins ( not bantams, the larger variety). Most importantly, I was wondering if I could get mottled Cochins by breeding together any particular varieties? ( I live in pakistan where there are no mottled Cochins available)
I think I'v looked everywhere and finally given up!
Thanks in advance

Just ordered a dozen eggs from West Knoll Farm - so excited! I'll post a photo of their coop-in-progress later in the week.

Just ordered a dozen bantam eggs from West Knoll Farm - so excited!

I'll post a photo of their coop-in-progress later in the week.

Just ordered a dozen bantam eggs from West Knoll Farm - so excited!

I'll post a photo of their coop-in-progress later in the week.

You'll love them

I want to get more i. The fall or spring. Been lucky to get boys. Lol
No girls yet.
My newest is a calico frizzled roo from her eggs
And hes awesome

Back
Top Bottom