MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

What will I get if I put black mottled in the pen with red and blue cochins? Also can you cross self blues with black mottled? I don't show but I do like pretty chickens. I don't sell either. Just for my own pleasure.

What will I get if I put black mottled in the pen with red and blue cochins? Also can you cross self blues with black mottled? I don't show but I do like pretty chickens. I don't sell either. Just for my own pleasure.

Self blue aka lavender is recessive...I think mottled might be as well? So SB to BM probably all black split SB & Mottled...I've heard about blue mottled projects, they recommended splash to black mottled which gave all blue split mottled...

So black mottled to blue would give black and blue split mottled....I'm not sure how the Red genes work but maybe someone can answer that?

Some of this years chicks !

I have a large group of 4 month old Mottled Cochins Bantam cockerels if anyone needs a little boy. Right now they all have a lot more white on them than their father. I will try to get pics. Parents below. Only $10 ea if you pay for box ($15) and shipping (varies).

I've got a question for you guys. How many colors do mottled cochins come in? I've seen black mottled and blue mottled so far.

Back
Top Bottom