MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Most of the Cochins I see look Bantam. This girl was solid black until her first full molt. I would love to find a mottled standard (LF) rooster to put with my girls.

Follow up...
I found a LF breeder in NY and I now have a LF mottled cock in with my hens. I have the one mottled hen, one splash, one barred, and 2 blue hens. I can hardly wait for them to go broody.
I'll post a pic of my new man soon. So far all his pics are on my phone.
Oh, and the breeder is Jamie Matts and you can find his contact info at the Livestock Conservancy website.

Hello everyone I am ordering mottled Cochin bantams from Murray McMurray hatchery :cd (so excited ), I was wondering if anyone he ordered their baby's from there ? Did they come in healthy and fluffy ?

Any chance of this one being a pullet? He/she is about 5 weeks. We have another Roo and I don't want to have to give this one away.

I had three chicks from Meyers that were all healthy. Two turned out to be roos and have been rehomed thankfully. One pullet Hope, is a real sweetie and I am so glad I got a girl to keep. She is so friendly and not just in it for the treats. I love the way her tail is coming in all round and fluffy.

She is 6 weeks old now. When will more of her black feathers come in? She has an entirely white chest right now and much of her head so far. I know that is normal for chicks but wondered at what age the black takes over and if the white shows up again after that or along with the black? I know she can end up all black too. She is the only chick left of her breed and my other chicks who are ee's, d'uccles, an egyptian fayoumi,and a silverlaced cochin are all feathered and changing colors in different areas now too.

What can I do for my little Mottled Cochin to protect his feathers on his back? He appears to be at the bottom of the pecking order and his feathers are patchy.

Also, if we're planning on keeping him and another EE Roo, with 7 hens, will that be a problem for him? I really don't want to rehome him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom