Mottled Java!!

Pics
I have 3 hens.. A mottled Java, speckled Sussex, and black sex link. The MJ is by far my favorite bird. I wish they were all three like her. She's the only one who lets me pick her up, she's the prettiest, and she appears to be the smartest too. The speckled Sussex is a cool bird, loves to feee range, but is a little skittish. The black sex link is lucky it's a great egg layer. It's extremely skittish and pecks at me if I get near it.

I'll be looking into getting more javas in the future for sure and would recommends them to anyone based on my limited experience.

At 9 weeks

Last edited:

Thanks gator75, I love my 12 java hens sweet and friendly but...... The roosters are ferocious! If you take your I off the java roosters they are going to getcha. But I've seen them take on several neighbor dogs and come out on top so I keep them around

Real dark legs, I'd say 2 pullets? My cockerels don't have much dark color in the legs.
Better head shots of both would help

Real dark legs, I'd say 2 pullets? My cockerels don't have much dark color in the legs.
Better head shots of both would help

I've read that combs don't matter with them because they are very slow to mature, these are 17 weeks and still tweeting a little bit, I noticed their tail feather and curving and noticed there has been a lot of fighting between then and my speckled Sussex girls, my Sussex girls are picking on them both pretty bad

Mines 16 weeks and has a much darker red comb. She's bigger than my other birds. I think she may lay even before my bsl. Hope to get a good pic soon to post.

Back
Top Bottom