Mottled Java!!

Mines 16 weeks and has a much darker red comb. She's bigger than my other birds. I think she may lay even before my bsl. Hope to get a good pic soon to post.

Cool thank you! I can't have a roo where I'm at. I love my javas! They are very sweet and friendly, a little skittish but getting better with that, and they are really big!!! Are they suppose to be really big? I heard they are bred with a jersey giant? They are twice as big as my Sussex girls

Mines much bigger than my Sussex and a little bigger than my bsl.

Here she is. Just over 16 wks. Notice the red comb.

Here was my cockerel at just 12 weeks I have a pullet too. They are both big birds but his comb and wattles were definitely bigger and Tedder and he was crowing.

That's him on the ground with the pullet standing next to him.

Here was my cockerel at just 12 weeks I have a pullet too. They are both big birds but his comb and wattles were definitely bigger and Tedder and he was crowing.

That's him on the ground with the pullet standing next to him.

What a difference! They are beautiful birds! I'm glad I have pullets then :) when did your pulley start laying eggs?

She hasn't yet. That was just 2 weeks ago.
big_smile.png
Her comb is just now getting a little red so she's still young. I've heard when their combs get fuller and redder and they start doing the submissive squat they are close to laying. That was true for my original girls, no javas in that group though. I am new to the breed. I think it was around 18-20 weeks for my wyandottes, rocks, and orpingtons though.

Joining the discussion here as I have 20 eggs in the incubator, and hoping to get a reasonable hatch so I can have a small group of these beauties! It can be pretty tough to hatch out here in CO at our altitude of 6300 ft and very low humidity, but it is worth a shot! :)

Peppa at a little over 20 weeks this morning.

No squatting yet and no eggs. Gotta be getting close though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom