Mottled/Spangled Orpingtons

05-04-15 Cooper Spangle 013.JPG

Cooper the first Pure English Spangle Orpington in the USA.....proud father of many beautiful offsprings.

English Spangle/Mottle Orpington Hen "Mandy"
This young hen is a perfect example that we strive for when breeding the English Spangle/Mottle Orpington.....she is one Thomas Hommel of Germany has approved and loves this hen...she only get bigger and fluffier, prettier with age and a long with her beautiful kind face......she is among the beautiful several hens that we have strive to breed on our farm in Washington State, Autumn Farm Orpingtons...please contact us for other quality stock we love to share our knowledge and look forward to many more Spangle/Mottle generations....and thank the people who have also ventured into breeding this outstanding color....looking forward to seeing more photos from them....
Do u have an email or web sight

These are my Mottled / Spangled pullets. I think they are beautiful. I had hoped the black one would get more white, but I guess that happens after the first molt- hopefully. She is such a shiny black, her feathers shine green in the sun

Attachments

• Missy 6 months.jpg
    Missy 6 months.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Maureen 6 months.jpg
    Maureen 6 months.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 6
These are my Mottled / Spangled pullets. I think they are beautiful. I had hoped the black one would get more white, but I guess that happens after the first molt- hopefully. She is such a shiny black, her feathers shine green in the sun
Beautiful! I have a rooster I was hoping for a hen. ( I can't have any crowing roosters. So for now I have a collar on my wyandotte. And will be rehoming my ORP :( but I will be getting more in spring! Here is mine :) they are sure pritty birds it my weakness. And I love how they are a green in the light

Attachments

• IMG_20171016_093034.jpg
    IMG_20171016_093034.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 9
The more pictures of these guys I see the more I don't want to let my rooster go! However I don't have any ORP hens for him and the lady that wants to take him has nice splash ORP hens so I feel like she deserves him and I will get chicks from her :)

My problem is I want super layers, and pretty birds. I know that my fav breeds are not gonna lay like I need. I have brown leghorns that are 6 months and only 2 started to lay but then stopped. I have to say that for me the 1 ISA brown hen I have is sooo reliable but UGLY!! But she never stopped even when it was 121°!! I was hoping the leghorns could pick up and I could have my orps and blue wyandottes since they are my passion!! Is just that they dont lay enough to sustain my family. I would like to have a nice trio of both ORP and WYND and then I think I'll end up with 5 ISA browns.

They are my weakness too. I suffer from Chicken math. I don't need more than 5 hens in my yard, but somehow have 7- can't make a choice on who to rehome. Guess I will cross that road later. LOL.
At our old house we had property and started out with 8 one day my husband went out to the back and came back and said when did we get 32 chickens!!:lau I would bring them home 2 or 3 at a time lol what's 2 more ?

LOL. I have been trying to get just the right combination to suit me. So far this year, I have hatched, raised and given away 18 chickens to end up with my 7. Two more need to go, but I just don't have the heart. the oldest, Alberta, is a buff orpington almost 3 yrs old and my pal. She would be one to go since her laying days are numbered. She has been a problem child all year, broody, molting, broody. I think she has laid 5 eggs this year. But, I can't let go of her. Same with the others. Oh well, I guess I can stand to have 7. Don't know quite what will happen in the spring though.

Back
Top Bottom