Moulting NOW.. can this be right???

Wendy'sChicksRock

Songster
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Oakland county ,MI
I have had a feather here, a few more there, a handfull here and today EVERYWHERE....feathers from most of my flock.. never had any molt so im wondering if thats what they are doing NOW...
will they molt this time of year? no one is " naked " yet but if this keeps up they will be .. poor dear's
lau.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif

I just trimmed my hens wings today and noticed one hen has new feathers coming in on her chest and belly so I am wondering if they are going to start moulting?? They were hatched throughout february and march....So who knows!

I wrote a similar post a little while ago - mine are molting I'm pretty sure and two of them haven't even started laying yet (they're 20 and 17 weeks). Grrr...just hoping it won't stop them from beginning to lay:( But they do have new feathers coming in everywhere!

My more "mature" ladies are showing signs of molting... One of my BSL's looked awful several weeks ago, she has gotten most of her lovely feathers back.

Molting here too - I currently have two hens with no tail feathers and lots of hens with missing feathers and new ones coming in. This is their first molt - I got them as chicks last June and they never molted the first year but they sure are making up for lost time this year.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom