Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!)

Do you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 166 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It tasted like after because you're so used to sweet southern iced tea :lol:
But Holy Basil makes the bestest tea!! My favorite herbal tea combo is nettle, holy basil, and clover. Alfalfa tastes too much like hay :rolleyes:

Even the people who like hot tea here said it tasted like water. :confused: maybe I didn't boil it long enough :idunno How do you do it?

That's what I've heard.

Last edited:
Even the people who like hot tea here said it tasted like water. :confused: maybe I didn't boil it long enough :idunno How do you do it?

That's what I've heard.
I steep 1/3 cup of nettle, 1/3 cup of Clover or alfalfa, and 1/3 cup of Holy Basil overnight in a half gallon of hot water. But make sure you strain it in the morning or it will get really nasty :sick To sweeten it (if you must, you southerner) use honey or stevia, or a piece of licorice root added to the herbs to steep. It did take adjusting to at first when I had to take it for my allergies, but now it's really refreshing :D

We used to get basil from a guy in Nc who sold ONLY different types of basil. He probably had forty kinds (if there are that many :lol: )

Last edited:
So how is your flock sis? My Buff Silkie is broody . . . . . . . . . AGAIN. The last time she was broody she stayed broody FOREVER! No joke, well maybe a little bit but she usually stays broody for 1-2 months, yes- months!! She is a very ill-tempered broody. She likes to attack, peck (and she pecks, she leaves scratches and marks
sad.png
lol.png
)

I hope to give her a few fertile hatching eggs someday but right now we don't have the time or space. So, sorry Pickle, you'll have to wait!!
lau.gif
This is Pickle a few weeks ago:

So how is your flock sis? My Buff Silkie is broody . . . . . . . . . AGAIN. The last time she was broody she stayed broody FOREVER! No joke, well maybe a little bit but she usually stays broody for 1-2 months, yes- months!! She is a very ill-tempered broody. She likes to attack, peck (and she pecks, she leaves scratches and marks :( :lol: ) I hope to give her a few fertile hatching eggs someday but right now we don't have the time or space. So, sorry Pickle, you'll have to wait!! :lau This is Pickle a few weeks ago:
Oh my gosh, the picture! :gig :lau Lol, sorry to intrude, but I had to comment on that pick. :lol:

I steep 1/3 cup of nettle, 1/3 cup of Clover or alfalfa, and 1/3 cup of Holy Basil overnight in a half gallon of hot water. But make sure you strain it in the morning or it will get really nasty :sick To sweeten it (if you must, you southerner) use honey or stevia, or a piece of licorice root added to the herbs to steep. It did take adjusting to at first when I had to take it for my allergies, but now it's really refreshing :D

We used to get basil from a guy in Nc who sold ONLY different types of basil. He probably had forty kinds (if there are that many :lol: )
Don't you guys get tea bags over there?

Haha were you about to pack your bags and bring some some real English thé?. I'm not fond of berry teas, but stone fruit teas are very good.
I was about to cry for you :lol: What is English thé? Autocorrect?
I think fruit tea tastes really watery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom