Moving chickens from Georgia to Michigan in November

k9chickenlady

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 30, 2014
what do you think? I will be moving my chickens from Georgia to Michigan in late October / early November and I am worried they wont have time to acclimate to the cold? The oldest are 6 years old and the youngest are 2 years old (Americana and Merans) Am I just being a worrier or could this be true? Anything I should do to help keep them safe from the cold this winter or will they adjust? Thank You for your input!

I’m not really sure but I think you are probably onto something with them not being able acclimate. I would hope they would be okay but even right now I am sure Michigan is a lot colder than Georgia so it may be a bit of a shock at first. But if they’re fully feathered I think they should hopefully be okay within a couple weeks? But I’m not really sure. Hopefully somebody else will see this and be able to help by my bumping it.

I’m not really sure but I think you are probably onto something with them not being able acclimate. I would hope they would be okay but even right now I am sure Michigan is a lot colder than Georgia so it may be a bit of a shock at first. But if they’re fully feathered I think they should hopefully be okay within a couple weeks? But I’m not really sure. Hopefully somebody else will see this and be able to help by my bumping it.

Back
Top Bottom