MPC Easter Egg GIVEAWAY!

I just want to thank @MyPetChicken
Again, I didn't expect to win, nor that I would still be given hatching eggs after giving mine away....
Truly good folks there at MPC........

Whatever breeder shipped these did very well with thier breeding IMO.

I got 100% hatch from shipped eggs...

For free.....

Can't beat that....

Walkin in high cotton here!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
See???? See?????? Do a good deed and it comes back to you tenfold!!!!! 100% is amazing anyway, but to get that from shipped eggs is nothing short of phenomenal! And it could not have happened to a better fella!!

Again, I didn't expect to win, nor that I would still be given hatching eggs after giving mine away....

For free.....

Can't beat that....

:weee :weee :weee

What breeds did you get?

For free.....

Can't beat that....

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Congrats!!! What a great hatch!
celebrate.gif

What breeds did you end up with?

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I noticed how off balance this chick was with only one wing and decided to take a look. The other wing was there but kinda shrink wrapped to her neck and body. Removed a large piece of almost dry membrane with warm water & Q-tip, had a quiick look everything and put her back into the bator. Words cannot express how sad ..

I had good luck using first a bandaid cut in half and then compression bandage wrapped around the leg and pinched together in the middle. Mine couldn't stand at all and recovered.

I am getting chickens again after 30 years with none. I'd really like some Delewares to have as my Heritage meat bird breeding stock
LOL I saw the words Easter and apparently missed the deadline by a lot LOL

Last edited:
I noticed how off balance this chick was with only one wing and decided to take a look. The other wing was there but kinda shrink wrapped to her neck and body. Removed a large piece of almost dry membrane with warm water & Q-tip, had a quiick look everything and put her back into the bator. Words cannot express how sad it is to see her like this
sad.png

That's actually a pretty normal looking, just hatched chick. It can take a few hours for them to completely uncurl and gain control of their extremities.

I noticed how off balance this chick was with only one wing and decided to take a look. The other wing was there but kinda shrink wrapped to her neck and body. Removed a large piece of almost dry membrane with warm water width: 350px; height: 273px"> [/URL]
That's actually a pretty normal looking, just hatched chick. It can take a few hours for them to completely uncurl and gain control of their extremities.
Really? Good to know! I don't have any hatching experience but it seems like the legs are positioned differently on each side :/. It's up and running but the legs are not quite right. I will keep a close eye on it and post in the emergencies thread if need be as I don't want to take away from the purpose of this thread. Thanks for the reassurance :hugs.

Yay! It can be scary if you aren't used to seeing newly hatched chicks. When it's your first hatch ever, it seems to take forever for those little ones to straighten out and start acting like 'normal' chicks. It's understandable if you are used to getting your chicks as 'day' olds from a feed store. Kind of makes you realize that those day old feed store chicks are more likely at least 3 or 4 days old...

Back
Top Bottom