MPC Hatching Egg GIVEAWAY!

Picture time!

Here's the group minus the two in the incubator drying

The first is the boy Carolina blue sex link EE and second I believe is a girl...@mypetchicken may be able to confirm

Here's a super blue egg layer

And some silkies!

Overall I'm super impressed that I had 11 out of 12 that went to lockdown hatch with shipped eggs. I did help a few that pipped the wrong end but they mainly hatched themselves!

They are stunning! I'm so glad you had a good hatch. Yes, it looks like you got a pair of blue sex links.

I can't wait to see them grow out!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Last edited:
Congratulations on the great hatch akaruby!! 

Congrats on the great hatches guys. Can't wait to see how mine do. They are set to hatch on the 19th. Out of the 16 eggs I got 15 have development.

Thank you! I still have a few things to fix..my last two chicks to hatch got a bit sticky and had some pip the wrong end so I've got to figure that out. Im so pleased with these eggs and chicks. They are all happy and healthy.

Last edited:
Wow! This thread was amazing to read through! I've been considering ordering some hatching eggs but I'm afraid our cold Wisconsin temps would adversely affect the hatch rate. The nights regularly dip below zero and my chicken eggs outside freeze solid if I don't get to them within a few hours. I have excellent hatch rates of my own eggs and would just love a chance to hatch out some Marans or Olive Eggers. MPC what are the odds of the eggs shipping to Northwestern Wisconsin without freezing through? Is it best to wait until spring? I am amazed with the careful shipping and great customer service I see here. :)

My chicks are now 12 days old and got moved to a larger brooder (need the small one for 10 BCM that just hatched), they are all doing great and growing as well as developing their own personalities. Thanks again MPC!!

My chicks are now 12 days old and got moved to a larger brooder (need the small one for 10 BCM that just hatched), they are all doing great and growing as well as developing their own personalities. Thanks again MPC!!

They look so good!!!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I was able to hatch out 6 Dominiques. Unfortunately nobody else hatched. Pretty sure it was operator error on my part because I had 15 fertile eggs and they all developed great.

3 Days old.

1 day old, moving them from incubator to brooder and couldn't resist the opportunity to take there pics.

I can't decide, I want one of them all! And I only have ducks right now. Trying to resist the lure of chickens. . .
barnie.gif

But if I had to choose it'd be Plymouth barred rock as I remember the hens fondly from my childhood. Lovely little cluckers.
All of the chicks are gorgeous and it's great to see them growing!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom