MPC Hatching Egg GIVEAWAY!

MyPetChicken

Songster
12 Years
Apr 2, 2007
Great news! My Pet Chicken has two new fertile egg suppliers focusing on rare and in-demand breeds. They are NPIP--of course!--and they’re outstanding. We have severed ties with our previous supplier. To introduce our new breeders to BYC, we have an exciting promotion, and a giveaway!

First, we’d like to offer all BYC members 10% off the price of any of our Hatching Eggs through the end of 2015.

Next, we’re giving away a dozen eggs each to three lucky people who comment on this thread!

The winners of our giveaway will be chosen randomly on December 10th, just in time for the holidays. The eggs will be hatchery choice (based upon what the girls are laying at the time)... but do tell us about the breeds you’re hoping for in your comment/entry, and we’ll do our best to accommodate the winners’ wishes.

The discount on hatching eggs will be offered for phone orders only. (Note that the discount is taken before shipping and taxes.) To get your 10% off, simply phone in your order and say “I’m from BYC. Introduce me!” You can phone us toll-free at 888-460-1529, between the hours of 10A and 6P, Monday through Friday EST.

About our new breeders:

Both of our new breeders focus on hardiness, egg size, and meeting breed standards. For instance, have a look at our many rare and in-demand breeds.

Have you been dying for true Heritage Dominiques or Rees Line Cream Legbars? We’ve got ‘em!

Or maybe you want a yard of colorful hens that lay intense colors, or large blue eggs! Check out our Intense Egg Color Collection or our Cuckoo Bluebars!

Now’s your chance to get a nice variety at a great discount!

Shipping:

Each of our breeders uses a different shipping method.

Here, we individually bubble wrap the eggs for maximum protection. Once wrapped, the eggs are placed and secured in an upright position with layers of newspaper or foam to ensure their safe arrival.

The second method uses an innovative foam layer, specially designed to cradle the eggs individually and absorb any shock or jostling experienced during shipping.

Storage:

Our fertile hatching eggs are collected every day and are properly stored (large end up at around 60F). They're stored based on age, so we can ensure you will never be shipped eggs older than 3 days old. Eggs that are older than 3 days are set weekly to check/confirm fertility (and feed our own hatching addiction of course!), and we routinely achieve 95% home hatch rates.

When we are not hatching a particular breed, we crack eggs open for weekly fertility spot-checks (and afterward quiche, or occasional angel food cake--it's our weekly fertility celebration!) When fertility drops temporarily due to season, for example, we remove the flock from production until fertility returns to desired levels. The bottom line is that our flock health and proper breeding management are top priorities.

So… have you been dying for rare breed eggs? To enter the giveaway, browse our varieties, and comment on this thread about which you’d prefer to receive. If you’re not one of the winners, just being a BYC member entitles you to a 10% discount when you phone in your hatching egg order.

It’s a win-win for winter!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Please forgive me for the inconvenience of a less than firm deadline.

While I am a MPC employee and have been for almost four years, I also work as a career paramedic. Paramedics, as you can imagine, don't always have the most reliable or set schedules. I fully intended to be here to finish up the contest on time, but life got in the way :)

I didn't mean to leave y'all hanging but I really wanted to make sure I was here to pick the winners, thus the lack of a firm time. I am working on the list of entries now and will let you know very soon when the contest is closed and who the winners are!

Thank you so much for your patience,
Alex
My Pet Chicken

Not worried about names being drawn twice... which is easy to spot. My concern is with people "stacking the deck" with multiple posts to increase chances of winning. Someone with 50 posts is 50 times more likely to win than someone posting once. Will multiple posts be eliminated to level the playing field?

When I asked this earlier, considering the site random.com just selects a number and I thought the same thing, Alex said that MPC would post how it was written out before the drawing. I'm not thrilled with the lack of a deadline or clarity in this contest, but I love the idea of winning eggs. I'm not lucky though. And my odds decreased dramatically when Sally inspired everyone to come here. ;-)

Thank you ALL for participating. I have enjoyed chatting and learning more about your breed preferences. I think we, My Pet Chicken, are well on our way to providing our customers with one of the largest (if not THE largest) variety of high-quality hatching eggs and chicks all in one place.

For this contest, we had a total of 97 Entries! All entries were recorded on a spreadsheet and triple checked for any duplicates. Entries were numbered based upon the order they appeared in the thread to keep everything fair.

Random.org was used to choose the winning numbers.

The first number chosen was number 19! @JetCat

The second number chosen was number 48! @akaruby

The third and final winner is number 81! @Chaos18

Congrats to these winners! Please PM me to set up a ship week and confirm the breeds you would prefer.

What would everyone think about having another contest in the Spring? Hopefully we can get it scheduled to have it coordinate with the Easter Hatch a long

I do want to give everyone else a little sneak peek of what My Pet Chicken is rocking in 2016!

I'd love to have whatever lays those beautiful green speckled eggs! So pretty!
While I can't promise that EVERY egg will hatch with speckles that dark.....our Carolina Blue Sex Links are known to consistently produce a nice green egg with brown to purple speckles. :)

Isbars have always been on my wishlist, lol... are those the first import or last, do you know? Dark eyed or light eyed? Just curious...
I'm fairly certain they are dark eyed but, I will double check with the breeder on the Isbars for you!

I'd love to see what your MPC Designer Collection hatches out! I've been working on breeding my own fancies, I have two strains of Easter Eggers. One has resulted in lovely, huge dark olive eggs, and others are feather footed, bearded and muffed green egg layers. I love unique birds and all large fowl are a welcome addition to my flock. Please add me to the MPC family!

And my very own cross of Wheaten Favacaunas:

Last edited:
The drawing is less than a week away!! I'm so happy everyone is happy with our egg choices. Next spring will be even better!

Good Luck to everyone entered! 

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I would absolutely love the Carolina Blue Sexlinks!!!!! They look hardy for our area and would integrate lovely with our silkies! Those colored eggs are simply gorgeous. We just hatched our first eggs in the incubator, test run, and success rate was 100%!!!!! I am addicted now! Also would die for a few Polish!
Thank you for opportunity to try a new breed!
Kelly

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom