MPC Hatching Egg GIVEAWAY!

MyPetChicken

Songster
12 Years
Apr 2, 2007
Great news! My Pet Chicken has two new fertile egg suppliers focusing on rare and in-demand breeds. They are NPIP--of course!--and they’re outstanding. We have severed ties with our previous supplier. To introduce our new breeders to BYC, we have an exciting promotion, and a giveaway!

First, we’d like to offer all BYC members 10% off the price of any of our Hatching Eggs through the end of 2015.

Next, we’re giving away a dozen eggs each to three lucky people who comment on this thread!

The winners of our giveaway will be chosen randomly on December 10th, just in time for the holidays. The eggs will be hatchery choice (based upon what the girls are laying at the time)... but do tell us about the breeds you’re hoping for in your comment/entry, and we’ll do our best to accommodate the winners’ wishes.

The discount on hatching eggs will be offered for phone orders only. (Note that the discount is taken before shipping and taxes.) To get your 10% off, simply phone in your order and say “I’m from BYC. Introduce me!” You can phone us toll-free at 888-460-1529, between the hours of 10A and 6P, Monday through Friday EST.

About our new breeders:

Both of our new breeders focus on hardiness, egg size, and meeting breed standards. For instance, have a look at our many rare and in-demand breeds.

Have you been dying for true Heritage Dominiques or Rees Line Cream Legbars? We’ve got ‘em!

Or maybe you want a yard of colorful hens that lay intense colors, or large blue eggs! Check out our Intense Egg Color Collection or our Cuckoo Bluebars!

Now’s your chance to get a nice variety at a great discount!

Shipping:

Each of our breeders uses a different shipping method.

Here, we individually bubble wrap the eggs for maximum protection. Once wrapped, the eggs are placed and secured in an upright position with layers of newspaper or foam to ensure their safe arrival.

The second method uses an innovative foam layer, specially designed to cradle the eggs individually and absorb any shock or jostling experienced during shipping.

Storage:

Our fertile hatching eggs are collected every day and are properly stored (large end up at around 60F). They're stored based on age, so we can ensure you will never be shipped eggs older than 3 days old. Eggs that are older than 3 days are set weekly to check/confirm fertility (and feed our own hatching addiction of course!), and we routinely achieve 95% home hatch rates.

When we are not hatching a particular breed, we crack eggs open for weekly fertility spot-checks (and afterward quiche, or occasional angel food cake--it's our weekly fertility celebration!) When fertility drops temporarily due to season, for example, we remove the flock from production until fertility returns to desired levels. The bottom line is that our flock health and proper breeding management are top priorities.

So… have you been dying for rare breed eggs? To enter the giveaway, browse our varieties, and comment on this thread about which you’d prefer to receive. If you’re not one of the winners, just being a BYC member entitles you to a 10% discount when you phone in your hatching egg order.

It’s a win-win for winter!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Wow! Loving that green and brown speckled egg. If I won, I'd be hoping for some of whatever laid that! I also wouldn't say no to anything from the fun and funky eggs - I love any unusual chickens.

I would really love the Mille flour d'uccle or would find black copper Marans, standard buff brahma, or silkie very useful. Of course anything would get spoiled here! Good luck everyone!

This looks awesome! I would love some Cream Legbars, Cuckoo Blue Barreds, or Barred Blue Egg Layers. I'm a sucker for blue eggs and barring. :D

Last edited:
I would be very happy with any of them. But I really would like some Millifleur D'Uccles, Porcelain D'Uccles, Naked Neck Turkens or Speckled Sussex.
fl.gif

Beautiful birds in the pics. I'd LOVE to have some heritage Dominiques! The 2 gals I have are super friendly. Where ever I go, there they are! Today, they were helping hubby and I stack firewood. How cool to add some more Doms to my flock!!! Can you please explain your pricing? Was that $25.95 price per dozen eggs? Also, as you state that eggs are no older than 3 days old when you receive them, what would the age of egg be IF I did order some of your Dom eggs shipped to central Maine???

I would love to have some more colorful eggs! Any different, rarer than normal would be amazing. Speckled sussex are really beautiful.

Are the ameriflowers going to be a breed that can ordered individually??

Also, the egg giveaway, is it to be delivered in December? Or later in the year if need be?

Speckled Sussex, Cream Legbars, and Black Copper Marans have caught my eye! I would have a rainbow basket of eggs daily with those breeds and my current Buff Orps and Cinnamon Queens.

Back
Top Bottom