Mt Healthy catalog new chicken hybrids

camalianus

Songster
11 Years
Jan 7, 2009
I find interesting that the hatchery is offering some new hybrids. One is called Commercial Blacks: "different crosses are used, your birds may grow to become black, barred and silver or even red feathering. Producers of large brown eggs". The next one I haven't heard before is called Dixie Rainbows: 'no two birds look alike. Lay large brown eggs and male reach market wight around 12 weeks. This cross in new in the market'. They are offering the Tetra Tints which I have heard of, but never seen a picture before, they are an off-white.
They are offering a 0.05 discount per chick when order is placed by Feb. 16, 2012. Chick can be delivered any time between now and Sep 1st 2012. They include a coupon "for every 50 chicks ordered we'll send you 25 free chicks. This is different from their bargain different deals.
Their website doesn't contain the information about the new hybrids or the discount per chick. I just wanted to share my finding.
wink.png

I remember hearing about the Dixie Rainbows a year or two ago. I don't remember anything about them though, seems I remember they were somebody's project still in the works.

I was just on the Mount Healthy Website and saw the so called Dixie Rainbows. If no two of these chickens look alike, how do you know what they are really sending you? Very odd.

Back
Top Bottom