Mug Rug Swap and Project Challenge

Pics
There are several films on YouTube about flattening a mat. You can iron them through a towel I think, but look for the videos. Try to store them flat and out of sunshine or radiators and they should not warp.
and hot cars, I thought even though instructions said lay flat, me in my infinite wisdom thought I'm going right home it can lay on the back seat, NOPE still battling the curves.

Idk about ironing it between towels. Mine warped because I accidently ironed on it. And it wasn't like a whole quilt....more like I just ironed a seam and wumph! It warped!

ok another project finished!!! Just so you know I'm not in the number of projects finished prize count but do keep up with your finished projects, I do have a prize for the most completed tops/projects you don't have to quilt it just get it ready to quilt to qualify.

As many of you know I also work at a Methodist Church, the pastor there her daughter is being baptized and her adoption is final party is Sat. and I made this for her.

And Annie thinks she is a new mom, the babies are in their tempoary digs, Annie dares anyone to come close

ok another project finished!!! Just so you know I'm not in the number of projects finished prize count but do keep up with your finished projects, I do have a prize for the most completed tops/projects you don't have to quilt it just get it ready to quilt to qualify.

As many of you know I also work at a Methodist Church, the pastor there her daughter is being baptized and her adoption is final party is Sat. and I made this for her.

And Annie thinks she is a new mom, the babies are in their tempoary digs, Annie dares anyone to come close
Beautiful quilt Kats. Love your chick guarder.

ok another project finished!!! Just so you know I'm not in the number of projects finished prize count but do keep up with your finished projects, I do have a prize for the most completed tops/projects you don't have to quilt it just get it ready to quilt to qualify. As many of you know I also work at a Methodist Church, the pastor there her daughter is being baptized and her adoption is final party is Sat. and I made this for her. And Annie thinks she is a new mom, the babies are in their tempoary digs, Annie dares anyone to come close
Wow! You are such an inspiration. This is a beautiful quilt. I am a total newbie. I enjoy seeing yours and others creations as well. Thank you for sharing.

Wow! You are such an inspiration. This is a beautiful quilt. I am a total newbie. I enjoy seeing yours and others creations as well. Thank you for sharing.
Everything I have learned, I have learned from these wonderful ladies. I am still new to quilting, I got started 4 years ago right here on BYC. I joined the swap and then was handed the reigns. I just wish I had started years ago, I think this is much more rewarding than making clothes, clothes you get rid of or out grow eventually, quilts get better with age. I still sew clothes upon occasion , but quilting is my thing. Instant gratifications and having a longarm is making it so easy, I need more batting, lol

Everything I have learned, I have learned from these wonderful ladies.   I am still new to quilting, I got started 4 years ago right here on BYC.  I joined the swap and then was handed the reigns.  I just wish I had started years ago, I think this is much more rewarding than making clothes, clothes you get rid of or out grow eventually, quilts get better with age.  I still sew clothes upon occasion , but quilting is my thing. Instant gratifications and having a longarm is making it so easy,  I need more batting, lol

I enjoy making both. I like making clothes bc the end result is usually achieved faster than a quilt. However, like you a quilt will last much longer. I don't have a long arm and so I have yet to make anything bigger than a "toddler" sized quilt. I have 3 little ones 5, 3 and 1. My sewing time is very limited, non-existent mostly. Haha. I'd like to make a mini quilt for my older 2 and place them on the walls over their beds. I am afraid of placing anything that could fall and hurt them during an earthquake. We live in CA. A quilt is safe.

I look forward to learning more from everyone. I love swaps, but they are hard to find. In the last 3 years I've done a scarf and mini quilt swap. They're lots of fun!

Sewcluck, just hang around with us and Kat will have you swapping your socks off! And if no one has told you, the quilt police are banned from these swaps- we just do them for fun, not to win prizes.

Back
Top Bottom