murray mcmurray shipping question

kaitlyn_rae2003

Songster
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
Laconia NH
Anyone who has received chicks from mcmurray, do they provide a warmer for the chicks, and any kind of gel type food, not sure really what it is, but read a post from another thread. I have 25 coming on the 25th, however I live in NH and I know they will be in transit a real long time. Just want to be informed about what conditions they are shipped under. I may call customer service, and ask a few questions, but honestly you guys are just as informative, and quick too!!! Thanks in advance.
Kaitlyn

I got my chicks from McMurray last April. They hatched on the 16th, a Friday, and I got them on Monday. All alive. I had ordered the gro gel, I think thats the name, the green stuff and some quik chick, again not sure of the name, that goes in their water. It came in the box with the chicks. I am not ordering any new chicks this year as I have a broody sitting on eggs. Not even sure how many. I am going to move her into my shed this weekend so I will count the eggs then.

You might want to call McMurray and order the gro gel if you want it. I found that the chicks really went for it after I got them home and into the brooder. Hopefully your chicks won't be in transit any longer than mine were. I think three days is long enough.

Good luck with your chicks.

Terri

When I called them to inform them that 12 of my 30 chicks arrived frozen on account of my post office not having employees on Sunday (they spent about 24 hours in 20 degree temperature), they apologized and asked if I wanted them to re-ship those 12. I refused on account of not wanting that many "packing peanuts" and not wanting a second shipment to suffer the same as the first.

I *believe* they stated that they would put a warmer in with them this time, but I'm not positive. What I do know is that the lady who answered the phone was incredibly empathetic and sorry to hear about their ordeal and was happy to do anything I wanted to make amends. I would suggest just giving them a call and asking if they are willing to place a warmer in with them (the first shipment rather than the second shipment). They have great customer service and it doesn't hurt to ask.

I received my shipment this morning. I received 27 happy healthy chicks. I had ordered 25 plus the free rare exotic chick. And they sent me an extra white leghorn pullet! Yeah! There was no warmer in the box. I had ordered the gro-gel because I was worried about them having a stressful trip. They were all very active and healthy upon arrival. We don't have postal workers on Sunday here either. They called me first thing this morning to let me know they were here. Hope this helps!
smile.png

Ok thank you all so much, I will call them today...I am so nervous for them! I am in NH...That is quite a trip! Im so darn excited though!!!!

I just received my MM chick order this morning, too. Ordered 50 and received 54. There was something green in both sides of the box but don't know what it was. I am extremely pleased with these chicks, very active and look so good. They were shipped April 2 and arrived here in central PA at 6:30 AM. This order was a mix of banties and full-size birds.

Back
Top Bottom