Muscovy club?

first question: what would you expect out of a club for muscovy? (please only talk about this for now as it will help to get an idea for what people will expect and were the club would need to go...will help to also figure out the mission statement)

Personally, I hope for a group that spreads Scovie-love and holds enough weight to get things done. (Like getting in new official colors :D and helping influence duck laws. If we'd had a club then...) I think we'd need a very supportive group.
But hey, if it's got Muscovies, I'm in!

I think a balance would be nice. Show standards are nice and should be included but they shouldn't be the main focus. Plenty of people who love the breed keep them around for eggs,pets,and meat.

Yeah. The main focus should be more like "having fun having Muscovies." Of course, that's sort of silly. It's hard not to have fun with Mussies.

I think a balance would be nice. Show standards are nice and should be included but they shouldn't be the main focus. Plenty of people who love the breed keep them around for eggs,pets,and meat.

Agreed. As someone who keeps them for eggs and pest control, while i respect the need to touch on showing etc it would hold little interest for me long term to be a member if that was the main focus.

Yeah. The main focus should be more like "having fun having Muscovies." Of course, that's sort of silly. It's hard not to have fun with Mussies.

Hmm.. i am thinking more about education promotion of the breed in general, providing ACCURATE info, i hear so much false information and also for those with the breed to discuss their flock/experiences obviously with a touch of info for those that show/breed etc.

Last edited:
was hoping for more feed back :(

I'm sure there will be it'll just depend when some owners are on. There are quite a few here who do own the breed.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom