Muscovy Duckling colors

They do change so much.

From day olds to 5 weeks

They sure do! They sure are pretty> found homes for them yet?
fl.gif

ok,so that duck looks chocolate to me, so mated with a white drake you expect, white, black and if your drake carries the chocolate gene, chocolate as well.

Are your ducklings a light brown? Like this one? I thought I had a chocolate but as you can see as it's feathering out it's not brown but a light purplish brown.
lol.png
I'm now speculating that I have two .... Lavender/Lilac/Blue-Fawn....whatever you want to call it. I still don't understand the differences btwn those three colors.
Here is another view. The one standing up. I thought you had to have a chocolate drake to get lavender/lilac ducklings or does he just have to carry a chocolate gene?

Are your ducklings a light brown? Like this one? I thought I had a chocolate but as you can see as it's feathering out it's not brown but a light purplish brown.
lol.png
I'm now speculating that I have two .... Lavender/Lilac/Blue-Fawn....whatever you want to call it. I still don't understand the differences btwn those three colors.
Here is another view. The one standing up. I thought you had to have a chocolate drake to get lavender/lilac ducklings or does he just have to carry a chocolate gene?
Yes they do look like that! I found a site online that lists the colors for Muscovies. I only thought there were white, blacks, chocolate and blue or however you call them.

In the second picture, the darkest one, do you think he'l be black? I thought I had one that would be black, but now I'm not sure anymore. He's not like the one in the pictures. In yor pictures are they around 1 week or older?

I will be taking pictures of all mine today outside. My camera isn't the best. I broke my nice one, so this one will have to do.

Back
Top Bottom