Muscovy hatching 10 days early

Updated pics of the babies...They are now 14 (Nigella-black and yellow one), 13 (Xerxes-one that looks like a Mallard) and 8 (Lisyla-yellow one) days old.

I just went to G & B Poultry's website and they posted this:
Ducks
"As of 03/04/12 we have discontinued breeding Muscovy ducks due to age and our stock have been retired where they will live off the rest of their lives as pets. Thank you to Chris who came all the way from Canton, OH to adopt them... we truly appreciate it! Also, thank you to all who have bought Muscovy duck hatching eggs from us in the past. We may be adding some new duck breeds later this year. We are currently on the waiting list to receive some show quality Pekin ducklings from a well known breeder. More information will be added at a later date."

I just went to G & B Poultry's website and they posted this:
Ducks
"As of 03/04/12 we have discontinued breeding Muscovy ducks due to age and our stock have been retired where they will live off the rest of their lives as pets. Thank you to Chris who came all the way from Canton, OH to adopt them... we truly appreciate it! Also, thank you to all who have bought Muscovy duck hatching eggs from us in the past. We may be adding some new duck breeds later this year. We are currently on the waiting list to receive some show quality Pekin ducklings from a well known breeder. More information will be added at a later date."

Is this where you got your eggs? and yes he could be mallard and I think some said Rouen, but he looks tiny is he? they all are beautiful by the way.
smile.png

I don't think we will be able to keep the Mallards if they get noisy. Niblet is already starting to quack, though she does not do it often. Xerxes is quiet so far, of the 3 babies Nigella is the only loudmouth! I guess I'll find out if he is pure Mallard or a mix when he gets his feathers in.

Back
Top Bottom