Muscovy hatching 10 days early

I heard back from 3 other people who ordered Muscovy eggs from the seller and one didn't get any to hatch, another ordered 20 eggs and also got a Mallard but only 4 other eggs hatched but were on time and the last person had 2 hatch early and 1 hatch on time.
I think Ebay needs to extend the time to give feedback, because by the time I found out what was wrong, it was too late to give feedback.

I think I would contact ebay and let them know what has been going on.

I just called Ebay and reported the seller and told them that they did this to other people too. They are filing the report and investigating and will email me to let me know the outcome.

I just called Ebay and reported the seller and told them that they did this to other people too. They are filing the report and investigating and will email me to let me know the outcome.

Good for you, False advertisement is wrong. I hope you are enjoying your ducklings though..
smile.png

I dropped one of my gardening gloves last night and Niblet grabbed it and has claimed it. My daughter had to let him keep it in the cage to sleep with it last night because he was making a ruckus when she tried to take it. What a stinker! I wonder if it's because she took his pink hippo puppet to give to the babies to cuddle with? I think I'll have to give it back to him and see if he'll give me the glove back.

I tried giving the hippo back and I got a duck scream/honk and ran to the other side of the cage! Nope, just likes my glove. I'm really starting to think Niblet IS a girl now! lol

The weather went from being really cold a couple of nights ago to hot. I turned on the ceiling fan and now Niblet is reluctant to walk through the living room to the kitchen after my daughter. It's so funny seeing the duck walk calmly down the hallway then run as fast as it can through the living room! LOL Niblet seems to be afraid of everything lately. Do female ducks squat like chickens do when you go to pick them up when they are getting near the age of laying?

Last edited:
The weather went from being really cold a couple of nights ago to hot. I turned on the ceiling fan and now Niblet is reluctant to walk through the living room to the kitchen after my daughter. It's so funny seeing the duck walk calmly down the hallway then run as fast as it can through the living room! LOL Niblet seems to be afraid of everything lately. Do female ducks squat like chickens do when you go to pick them up when they are getting near the age of laying?

They do go through many stages and being terrified is one of them, although our house duckling thought he was a dog so he didn't go through the scared of everything stage. lol but I can see that now Niblett running as fast as she can to get away from that terrible predator up on the ceiling. Most ducks will squak when picked up, but if this is something new she has just started then no telling what it may mean. How old is Niblett? they should start to lay between 5-7 months.

Niblet was 6 weeks old yesterday. I guess the squatting thing started at the same time she started getting scared of everything. My son walked up to her with his bright orange jacket with reflective stripes and you should have seen her run to mommy! Now every time she sees him she runs or squats, even if he has treats. Do Mallards raise their head feathers? I've never seen that before on the Mallards at the pond near us, but Niblet does it.

Niblet was 6 weeks old yesterday. I guess the squatting thing started at the same time she started getting scared of everything. My son walked up to her with his bright orange jacket with reflective stripes and you should have seen her run to mommy! Now every time she sees him she runs or squats, even if he has treats. Do Mallards raise their head feathers? I've never seen that before on the Mallards at the pond near us, but Niblet does it.

I have never seen a Mallard raise their head feathers, my Muscovies do though.

Back
Top Bottom