Muscovy hatching 10 days early

Thats awful! They do look like either rouen or mallard ducklings though..
Here's some older rouen ones from last spring I had.. Do they look similar? (Minus the white pekin in the backround lol!)

Hmmm... Muscovy are only supposed to have 1 eye stripe, Mallards 2.

I looked at their website and since they keep their ducks in seperate pens at least you know that they are pure. They may have gotten some of the eggs mixed up. The second does look like a chocolate pied.

I do think that there can be differences in appearance though. I have 6 Rouens right now and they should have 2 eye stripes but 2 of mine only have 1. I know they are pure as their parents were the only ducks owned by the person I got them from.

Super cute babies though.

Baby number 3 died in the shell. I saw a blood spot where it was trying to pip into the air cell.
sad.png

Hoping the last one will hatch when it's due in 5 days. I named the 2 babies Nigella and Xerxes. Nigella
is the one with the black head and Xerxes is the one that looks like a mallard.

Rouen, mallard cross I say for the first one. The other looks like a scovy with a bib. Or a swedish....

If they're mules, that might be a good thing because they might be quieter than mallards. Plus, you can still get eggs from the female.

They are very cute!

Sorry about the other baby.

Back
Top Bottom