Muscovy hatching 10 days early

We're having a problem putting the babies together, the other 2 are so much bigger and they keep pecking her eyes and pulling her wings. I think we will have to do it while watching, letting her stay a few minutes at a time until they are used to her.

After looking at Lisyla's body and feet I think she is pure Muscovy. She has the long Muscovy claws, she grasps with her feet, longer tail and sharp "tooth?" at the end of her bill. What characteristics would prove the other 2 are not pure Muscovy other than the fact they hatched so early and if they are sterile?

After looking at Lisyla's body and feet I think she is pure Muscovy. She has the long Muscovy claws, she grasps with her feet, longer tail and sharp "tooth?" at the end of her bill. What characteristics would prove the other 2 are not pure Muscovy other than the fact they hatched so early and if they are sterile?

the claws, the sharp tooth, tail and carnicles when older.? is that what your wanting to know and
wee.gif
for Lisyla being full Scovie
also voice, girls will make a noise called trilling not honking, and boys will hiss.

Last edited:
Xerxes is such a sweet boy, he is protective of Lisyla where Nigella is the one who kept up the eye pecking and toe pulling. We are slowly introducing them to Niblet. He shared the tub with Xerxes for a few minutes today, but my daughter was afraid he would hurt him and took Xerxes out as soon a Niblet got close. I don't think he was being aggressive, just curious but my daughter is a very protective mommy!

Back
Top Bottom