Muscovy keepers share your pics!

What are my ducks? I think Pita is the male and Houdini the female. Are these just mixed breed scovies or?
pita in front

Houdini
Pita's "undercarriage"

Pita is at least twice Houdini's size, if not bigger.

Hey guys my babies are growing so fast!!! my last batch of six will hopefully have their full flight feathers by november so fingers crossed
How old are they?
Everyone, great pictures! Here are my latest babies: 12 more in the hatcher. -Kathy
Aww so cute! @houdiniduck those are some big birds Lol, very pretty. How do you have your pond set up?

I found these two in my yard this morning. I love Muskovy ducks but have no idea where they came from. I currently have Pekins and have had Muskovies in the past. They are welcome to stay.

YAY! I am excited. Pita is huge, like a goose. I heard the males are bigger than the females and Houdini is half the size of Pita, so hoping for a drake and hen. Pita does cover Houdini.
My pond is just dug into the ground. we have fish in it to eat the mosquito larvae and we have to skim it, dredge it and drain and clean it periodically. When we dredge, skim and drain, I have to catch all the thousands of fish and "save" them in a bucket.... It is mostly a pain in the booty, But the ducks LOVE it and the triangle of grass around it is a huge hit with all the feather kids.

We live in AZ so I am wondering if they will wait until after winter to lay or if they are going to do anything now. It doesn't really get too wintry here.

How often do you have to do all of that? I love the look of it, I'd rather go with that idea than the kiddie pool. Unless it's that big of a pain lol. How deep do you have it?

Houdini sure does live up to her name. Now you see me *hides behind Pita* now you don't lol.

Back
Top Bottom