Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Nice guineas..... I will never have them but they r pretty.

Buck the thing about guineas is they dont imprint... They need a flock or they die... They r also loud... Very loud...

pics please omg i LOVEEE guineas, i really want a lavender one but i wouldn't know the first thing about caring for it as i do my ducks
The guineas we raised were terrible, they wouldn't stay at home! I won't do that again. I guess it would be ok if they were penned, but ours were free roaming and boy did they! They were all up and down the street! We started with 20 seven years ago and there are only 2 hens left, we see them every now and then.

OMG u just made my day XD thanx so much for posting some pics u don't know how much i want a guinea, but i want it as a baby so it can imprint and stuff. And btw i've never had a chicken lol only muscovies and mandarins for this guy XD
Would love to see pictures of your mandarin ducks! They are so gorgeous!!!
Mandy

Yeah, I raised mine indoors and tried to get them to bond to me but they only like me when I have food.

And Mandarins are next on my list.
love.gif

They are so beautiful!

The guineas we raised were terrible, they wouldn't stay at home! I won't do that again. I guess it would be ok if they were penned, but ours were free roaming and boy did they! They were all up and down the street! We started with 20 seven years ago and there are only 2 hens left, we see them every now and then.
I heard and don't know how true it is but if you get guinea eggs and let a chicken hen hatch them the chickens will teach the guineas to come inside to roost at night? any one know if this is true?

I heard and don't know how true it is but if you get guinea eggs and let a chicken hen hatch them the chickens will teach the guineas to come inside to roost at night? any one know if this is true?

I had a chicken hen who hatched campbell ducklings and thought them to sleep in the chicken coop after sunset and all the other ducks followed the ones who followed the hen lol

Would love to see pictures of your mandarin ducks! They are so gorgeous!!!
Mandy

Yeah, I raised mine indoors and tried to get them to bond to me but they only like me when I have food.

And Mandarins are next on my list.  :love

They are so beautiful!

Mandarins are difficult to tame, I got mine before the recommended age to bond with me better, nope, they like me and climb all over me when when it comes to cuddles the answer is no :( my Ember however (my male) loves to be pet but only with 1 finger and loves to nibble on my hair. But Sky ( my female white) she just doesn't like me that much, when I have meal worms she's my best friend other than that she like screams every time I pick her up, but after she realizes I'm not gonna hurt her she calms down, Sky used to really like me but then we had to switch her enclosure inside and that made her really stress so seeing me she associated that stress to me

Last edited:
I had a chicken hen who hatched campbell ducklings and thought them to sleep in the chicken coop after sunset and all the other ducks followed the ones who followed the hen lol
Funny pic in my head of mama hen with her little ducklings behind her going inside at night.
love.gif
but at least she trained them to go inside. Mama hens are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom