Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Those birds aren't lavender.  They are blue.   The brownish neck is probably a silver (double blue).  

Assuming drake and hen are both Blue Pie.
Your offspring probability should have been: 12.5% Blue, 25% Blue Pie, 12.5% Silver Pie, 6.25% Silver, 6.25% Black, 12.5% Black Pie, and 25% White.

They drake and ducks in the middle (daugther) are blue but the duck on the left is more of grey, perhaps different shades of blue? If so she is self blue. Let me give you a better picture

That's still not the best picture.
I need to take a proper one when they are next to each other.
Maybe she is pastel blue?

Last edited:
They drake and ducks in the middle (daugther) are blue but the duck on the left is more of grey, perhaps different shades of blue? If so she is self blue. Let me give you a better picture

That's still not the best picture.
I need to take a proper one when they are next to each other.
Maybe she is pastel blue?

She looks like a blue with whitehead and pie. Even if mother was a self-blue (lavender), you wouldn't have got any lavender from lavender x blue cross because lavender is recessive and requires a copy from both parents to express unless the blue drake is split to lavender (something you can't see and would have to know from careful breeding).

Three coloured drake?

In comparison to his blue father:

Mother and father:

In the first photo, the juvenile looks like it has blue and chocolate combined in what they call Lilac or Blue Fawn. Maybe the drake is a Blue Pie split to chocolate. Verify by checking if the juvenile is a female because it can't happen to a male in that combo.

She looks like a blue with whitehead and pie.  Even if mother was a self-blue (lavender), you wouldn't have got any lavender from lavender x blue cross because lavender is recessive and requires a copy from both parents to express unless the blue drake is split to lavender (something you can't see and would have to know from careful breeding).

Thank you, I know. All I'm asking what colour she actually is, as well as the young drake

Last edited:
In the first photo, the juvenile looks like it has blue and chocolate combined in what they call Lilac or Blue Fawn.  Maybe the drake is a Blue Pie split to chocolate.  Verify by checking if the juvenile is a female because it can't happen to a male in that combo.

That's k you very much!
I'm very sure it's a boy! It's way bigger than the females he's age and his own mother! Same size as his other brothers.
I really wanted to have a lilac to breed buffs.
Maybe the mother mated with a chocolate drake before I got her???
I bought her at least a month before she started laying though. I don't remember exactly. That might explain it though.

Hi guys! Presenting my 1st batch of muscovy ducklings! After 4th time the female laying egg..finally the female successfully hatching her egg..

Back
Top Bottom