Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I was so excited to have eight ducklings hatched out in October. Only 2 have turned out to be hens
1f62f.png
So now I have four hens and eight drakes. I will take some photos this week.

My muscovies are about 4 1/2 months old now. They're always the last ones to go in the coop at night so I did a little experiment the other day. After I chased all the turkeys in and gathered their eggs, I set them on the ground where the scovy girls could see them. I swear, their eyes lit up lol. I'm not sure that they even know what eggs are yet but they were definitely mesmerized by them lol. I have a feeling that both girls will be sitting pretty quickly after they start laying. I know they're known to be good mothers but are they aggressive mothers? Should I fear for my life lol
They are protective that is for sure. But I always say while having one latched onto my skin "who's the boss here?"
X2 VERY protective, lol. I've got a mama that stomps her feet in place as if she's giving me time to run before she charges at me, lol. It's soo cute!

Hi
263a.png

I've only just signed up to BYC so am new here (have searched for and found God-send information in months gone by tho).
We have sixteen ducks... Welsh Harlequin and Pekin. Two months ago we bought 2 Muscovy day olds!
1f49a.png

Our other ducks seem like we water them with red cordial lol compared to Isabella and Ruby.
Isabella is unwell. We didn't have the funds to take her to the vet so we talked with local feed places and treated both girls for coccidiosis. She has improved but is thin and weak and has water belly so maybe something more serious is going on. We do now have the vet coming out Monday. She is a little heart breaker
1f622.png
Duckie love,
April

Hi
263a.png

I've only just signed up to BYC so am new here (have searched for and found God-send information in months gone by tho).
We have sixteen ducks... Welsh Harlequin and Pekin. Two months ago we bought 2 Muscovy day olds!
1f49a.png

Our other ducks seem like we water them with red cordial lol compared to Isabella and Ruby.
Isabella is unwell. We didn't have the funds to take her to the vet so we talked with local feed places and treated both girls for coccidiosis. She has improved but is thin and weak and has water belly so maybe something more serious is going on. We do now have the vet coming out Monday. She is a little heart breaker
1f622.png
Duckie love,
April
welcome-byc.gif
Prayers for Isabella. Do keep us posted on what the Vet says.

Back
Top Bottom