Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I am officially a bird lady now! I just brought home 8 1 week old muscovys!
X2!!!
love.gif
X3
love.gif
sooo cute!

We finally finished the new duck house today. Hubby even took the day off to do it! Went really well other than my 10 year old son accidentally running over my husbands brand new, not even a week old huskvarna chainsaw and breaking it pretty bad..... And judging by all of the hissing when we finally put all of the ducks together I'm pretty sure my pretty new lavender girl is actually a handsome boy. So instead of having one drake and 4 females or even 2 and 3 I now have 3 males and 2 females. Not really sure what to do. Ugh can't wait till I can tell a little bit better.

@yoopergirl1211 You may have to make a separate drake area.

We will be in the same situation here. If our girls want to be moms this year, we'll let them, knowing that we will probably have to make a separate drake area.

Roosters are difficult enough to butcher, but to butcher a Muscovy drake is too heartbreaking.

@yoopergirl1211 You may have to make a separate drake area.

We will be in the same situation here. If our girls want to be moms this year, we'll let them, knowing that we will probably have to make a separate drake area.

Roosters are difficult enough to butcher, but to butcher a Muscovy drake is too heartbreaking.
I've had as many as 4 Muscovy drakes and believe me over half acre fenced isn't big enough. I could never butcher one of my ducks, your right roos are hard enough.

But you know what my Scovy drake pays my Runner drake no mind at all, Not sure he sees him as a real threat like he would another Muscovy.

I've had as many as 4 Muscovy drakes and believe me over half acre fenced isn't big enough. I could never butcher one of my ducks, your right roos are hard enough.

But you know what my Scovy drake pays my Runner drake no mind at all, Not sure he sees him as a real threat like he would another Muscovy.
That's good to know. They would only be allowed to hatch just a few eggs. Good homes are so difficult to find, I would rather keep birds, or butcher. I would never re-home a bird unsure of quality of life it would have.

That's good to know. They would only be allowed to hatch just a few eggs. Good homes are so difficult to find, I would rather keep birds, or butcher. I would never re-home a bird unsure of quality of life it would have.
It is very hard to re home too just not sure I or dh could butcher My dh use to hunt too but something about these ducks just makes it so hard.

Right now they are all in new pen together... So far it's okay. I'm actually having a harder time with the stupid little mallards then the my Muscovies. They are attacking every one. My male/female ratio on my whole flock is off. Only found one person selling adult ducks near me and haven't heard back from them in two days. So if anyone is within two hours of Erie PA with extra females let me know! Lol. I really don't want to part with any of them..

I've had as many as 4 Muscovy drakes and believe me over half acre fenced isn't big enough.  I could never butcher one of my ducks, your right roos are hard enough.

My Muscovies always kinda act like my other ducks don't exist lol

So I have my flock on lock down with the new ones in to get them to figure out where home is. How long does it normally take? My first new batch we left penned up for over a month but it was the middle of winter and wouldn't have gone far anyway. It'll be really really nice out this week.

Back
Top Bottom